Equal rights!

concorde
concorde Posts: 1,008
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Workwear and this weather. Men get it bad. Shirt, tie and fucking trousers. Women... whatever they wish!

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    but short skirts and tight vest tops are fine by me :)

obviously on the women, the blokes just look weird wearing it :wink:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Was gonna say...

Con if you want to where a float dress and crop top to flex in thats your bag... dont push it on us :lol:
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Yeah, it's a bit of arse. Works concession is smart shorts and tailored shirts with smart shoes. Which :
    a) Looks incredibly twatish
    and
    b ) Requires purchase of new clothes, which for two weeks warm weather is BS

We work in IT anyways, not like we're customer facing. I'd save myself some time and roll up in riding gear if I could - though all that polyester probably creates some sort of issues with static etc
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I'm currently in my riding gear (Shorts and t-shit), about to put my work clothes on (jeans and a different t-shirt).

But if I had concorde's muskels I'd be donning my beater and trying to catch my reflection in the windows and mirrors all day.
  • gavbarron
    gavbarron Posts: 824
    You could always pop a skirt on:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22828150
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    gavbarron wrote:
    You could always pop a skirt on:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22828150

My old man told me he was once in charge of a gang of labourers working on the motorway during a hot spell, and his boss said they wern't allowed to wear shorts - so they wore skirts. Must of been a funny site.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    Shirt, tie, etc even with air-con on its rather warm, especially if I cycle in
  • concorde
    I'd consider shorts and a more casual shirt, top button undone with no tie. It can still look smart. But not got that option, has to be trousers, shirt and tie. Think I'll phone the union :-)
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    we have glass lifts, i have no complaints about the dress code.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • concorde
    Admittedly it has it's plus points. But the glass lifts would still be glass if I could wear summer friendly clothes also!
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Today I've warn long shorts and a shirt with the top 2 buttons open, also some summer shoe things. Someone said I looked like I should be on a beach somewhere, I responded with "If you'll join me I'll take you with me" She smiled, and importantly, didn't say no.

8)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    welshkev wrote:
    but short skirts and tight vest tops are fine by me :)

obviously on the women, the blokes just look weird wearing it :wink:

I'll...er.... take 'em off, then.

No pleasing some people.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Concorde wrote:
    I'd consider shorts and a more casual shirt, top button undone with no tie. It can still look smart.

Just get over your vanity and slob out. Nowt wrong with baggy shorts and T-shirts.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598

POIDH!! Play fair now, come on!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    bg13 wrote:

POIDH!! Play fair now, come on!

Plus potatoe
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    I just checked our office dress code to see what I could get away with while it's hot and one items on the the banned list is 'Spandex' :lol: Looks like I'll have to stick with taking my tie off...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,024
    I'm sat at my desk in some cargo shorts and a T.

I suppose being the boss does have it's perks, getting in at 6.10am isn't one of them though :roll:
    Advocate of disc brakes.