Cannabis Farms

Bustacapp
Bustacapp Posts: 971
edited July 2013 in Commuting chat
One thing I've noticed on my early morning commutes is a strong smell of cannabis in the still morning air when passing through certain housing estates. Anyone else noticed this?

Comments

• MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Yes. Particularly on the corner of the URR and Priory Lane.
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • MrSweary
    MrSweary Posts: 1,699
    Kinesis Racelite 4s disc
    Kona Paddy Wagon
    Canyon Roadlite Al 7.0 - reborn as single speed!
    Felt Z85 - mangled by taxi.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    Apparently, if you're farming it properly, the only smell is when you're drying the leaves & buds, and it's more like a hay smell. Maybe just the whiff of post-clubbing come-down spliffs?
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Cannabis Cars/Vans on the way home is much more distressing.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Gallywomack
    Gallywomack Posts: 823
    I often get a strong whiff at a certain point on Evelyn St Deptford, heading home, around that final estate (Sayes Ct estate?) on the left, in between the roundabout and the final set of shops/lights before it opens out into Creek Rd.

I find it slightly hard to believe that a factory can just kick out a powerful smell of weed onto a busy main road and not be discovered/raided pretty sharpish, so I tend to think it's something else/my imagination.

There was a cannabis factory in my road that was raided a few months back, caused a bit of a stir on a pretty quiet/dull cul-de-sac, having loads of coppers swarming about the place. My wife chats to the woman in the house next door and she reckoned the smell was pretty strong.
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    DrLex wrote:
    Apparently, if you're farming it properly, the only smell is when you're drying the leaves & buds, and it's more like a hay smell. Maybe just the whiff of post-clubbing come-down spliffs?

Speaking from experience ;) I never smell anything when pedalling near your area of residence!
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    twist83 wrote:
    Speaking from experience ;) I never smell anything when pedalling near your area of residence!

Of course; swing by this week and get a lungful of my stack of 150 bales...

...of hay.
  • fill_uk
    fill_uk Posts: 52
    I often pick up a cannabis smell riding to and from work, at first I thought it was drivers and or passengers smoking at the wheel and it did scare me a bit, after a while I can say I have never noticed anyone in the cars with a joint and sometimes the look pretty unlikely although you never know!? These days I'm presuming its something in exhaust fumes.
  • twist83
    twist83 Posts: 761
    DrLex wrote:
    twist83 wrote:

Of course; swing by this week and get a lungful of my stack of 150 bales...

...of hay.

Ohh you tease I will fire up the combine!!
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    MrSweary wrote:
    MrSweary wrote:

Short term memory loss?

Police did find a cannabis farm on my commute a few weeks ago. I'd never smelt a thing.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Big_Paul
    Big_Paul Posts: 277
    I've definitely smelt the odd spliff like whiff coming out of cars on my travels, I'd say it's more common than people think.

A few years ago, there was a cannabis farm set up in a row of derelict houses locally, they had knocked the roofspaces into one big void and wired the mains electric to run the lights, all was fine until the whole thing caught fire (or was set on fire) Anyway, the police and fire brigade were telling folk to stay inside and close their windows, the local youth were running downwind and trying to get stoned on the smoke. Don't know if it worked or they just got a case of smoke inhalation.
    Disc Trucker
    Kona Ute
    Rockrider 8.1
    Evil Resident
    Day 01 Disc
    Viking Derwent Tandem
    Planet X London Road