Urgent help needed!

Lycraboy_Andy
Lycraboy_Andy Posts: 37
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
Does anyone know of somewhere I can hire a road bike in Norfolk??

I'm going there on Saturday for a two week holiday and today purchased a bike carrier for the car and then put it together only for the mrs to get home and say she doesn't want me to use it as she doesn't 'trust it' to stay on the car! :cry:

I can't bear the thought of not riding a road bike for two weeks....please don't say I've got to hire one of those Norfolk Boris bikes to clunk around the lanes at 10mph!

Any help/suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thanks

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Just use the carrier. Who wears the trousers in your gaff anyway. :-)

Seriously they are perfectly fine if you fit everything correctly.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Yeah, I think that's what I need to do mate!

If my bike overtakes me as I slow for a roundabout I know I've got it wrong. :wink:
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    No space to take the wheels off your bike and transport it inside the car?
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Just MTFU and tell her you're using the rack to take your bike - and thats all there is too it!! :lol::lol:

Seriously - just make sure it is assembled correctly and you follow the instructions for fitting it. The bike will be fine. I fit mine on the back of a mk1 MR2 and whilst the bike looks bigger than the car, i've never had an issue. Bungee straps are very handy - i fit one through the front wheel and hook it to the chainset to hold the front wheel straight
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Put the bike in the car and the wife on the rack, job done :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Schoie81
    Schoie81 Posts: 749
    Is there a particular reason you aren't cycling to Norfolk...? Kill two birds with one stone!! :wink:
    "I look pretty young, but I'm just back-dated"
  • Panic over everyone, just done a dummy run and it's put our minds at ease. It felt pretty secure so I'm just gonna take my time fitting it again on Saturday. As long as I take it steady on the way and watch for any movement it should be ok.

Thanks Paul, bungees are a great idea for added peace of mind.

Now looking forward to taking on all of Norfolks notorious climbs :lol:
  • Lycra-Byka
    Lycra-Byka Posts: 292
    Next time she buys (was gonna say iron or washing machine but decided against it) an appliance tell her you don't trust it, and you want her to not use it.

It's a bike rack, meant to attach a bike to a car.

Besides, it's your bike anyway.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Lycra-Byka wrote:
    Next time she buys (was gonna say iron or washing machine but decided against it) an appliance

Oh you rescued that then :shock: :lol:
    Yellow is the new Black.