12:12 Torq In Your Sleep

frogstomp
frogstomp Posts: 412
edited August 2013 in XC and Enduro
torq1212ad_13.jpg

Anyone else doing this on August bank holiday weekend? We did it last year and thought it was brilliant - great course and atmosphere... highlights included the DJ half-way round and the glow-stick grotto in the woods!

Comments

• bazza333
    bazza333 Posts: 86
    Yes I'm entering in the 4 man team event.
    Did it for the first time last year and really enjoyed it.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Trying to get a team together at the moment as it's always a good event.
  • bazza333
    Checked out the course a couple of times this week and a few changes this year (and probably a few we missed).
    Can't work up which direction Minley Maze will run but it looks good and none of us liked the new hairpin on Banksy.
  • scarbs85
    scarbs85 Posts: 170
    I'm entered for the first time, and my first enduro. Looking forward to it, but not quite sure what to expect. I had to scramble a team together, by bribing a couple of mates who have never raced before! So, you can probably find the three of us sitting in last place if you want to say hi as you ride past ;)

Is the course worth a pre-ride? I doubt I can get down on Saturday so would have to go early Sunday morning and pre-ride on the day...
  • bazza333
    scarbs85 wrote:
    I'm entered for the first time, and my first enduro. Looking forward to it, but not quite sure what to expect. I had to scramble a team together, by bribing a couple of mates who have never raced before! So, you can probably find the three of us sitting in last place if you want to say hi as you ride past ;)

Is the course worth a pre-ride? I doubt I can get down on Saturday so would have to go early Sunday morning and pre-ride on the day...

We did it for the first time with the intention of not coming last...we actually ended up 22nd so were well chuffed as 3 of us are late 50's and the other one was 49.
    As to what to expect well its flat, fast and usually dry. I'm not sure a single pre-ride will help as there's a lot to remember in 8 miles! If it was me i might make the effort to walk "Stable Drop" just to work out the best line thru but the rest is typical singletrack. I wont be pre riding but thats because i live a few hundred yards away :-)
    My advice would be to ride within your capabilities and set a target to do 3 laps each. If you do more than that's a bonus.
    Food/drink on site was excellent last year but bring water or whatever for hydrating.
  • bazza333
    And another thing......something we hadn't realised....the "baton" is a rubber band. Do you know how much time you lose taking a bl@@dy rubber band off your wrist!!!!
  • frogstomp
    frogstomp Posts: 412
    Just around the corner now.. so cue the wet weather predictions! Hopefully it'll change its mind and clear off!
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    bazza333 wrote:
    And another thing......something we hadn't realised....the "baton" is a rubber band. Do you know how much time you lose taking a bl@@dy rubber band off your wrist!!!!

Take it off as you come into the transition, or stuff it up your short leg.
  • bazza333
    Yep....only got caught out on the first lap..... :-)