Not a 'pure' road bike, but my first decent steed.

springer64
springer64 Posts: 25
edited July 2013 in Your road bikes
Specialized Tricross, the 32 tyres certainly help with the roads round here, but it'll get slicks at some point. Inaugural outing yesterday, a brisk 15 miles. Awful, awful test cage & strap pedals - they'll be gone by the weekend, and the front mech needs a bit of tuning, but very pleased. Must remember to put some suncream on next time though :oops:

9292897208_a88d5b0689.jpg

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Very nice! I have a road bike but if I had the space or finances for two bikes I'd like a CX bike too, nice for those gravel paths that I have to otherwise avoid.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    WOW - that must the the longest steerer tube I've ever seen.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Yup - cut the steerer, level the saddle and set the 'bars up right and its cool.
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    Yossie wrote:
    Yup - cut the steerer, level the saddle and set the 'bars up right and its cool.

And take the photo on the other side :wink:
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • springer64
    Saddle is level. How are the bars set up wrong?

I like the port side....
  • doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    springer64 wrote:
    Saddle is level. How are the bars set up wrong?

I like the port side....

See OCP guide for taking bike photos, and your bars need to be rotated down. The bar ends should be roughly horizontal and the levers roughly vertical.
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • springer64
    doug5_10 wrote:
    [

See OCP guide for taking bike photos,

Christ-on-a-bike.......I rather wish I hadn't read that thread. Some people need help.
  • springer64 wrote:
    doug5_10 wrote:
    [

See OCP guide for taking bike photos,

Christ-on-a-bike.......I rather wish I hadn't read that thread. Some people need help.

It's a bit of fun. I hope. Isn't it?
  • Alitogata
    Alitogata Posts: 148
    springer64 wrote:
    Specialized Tricross, the 32 tyres certainly help with the roads round here, but it'll get slicks at some point. Inaugural outing yesterday, a brisk 15 miles. Awful, awful test cage & strap pedals - they'll be gone by the weekend, and the front mech needs a bit of tuning, but very pleased. Must remember to put some suncream on next time though :oops:

9292897208_a88d5b0689.jpg

Nice bike. Keep on riding and you'll find by time what fits better for you.

But tell me something. Did you take this photo in England?? :shock: :shock: :shock: I heard about this years hot summer but I didn't expect to see such sunshine there.. Great photo, great light!!! :D