Happy 20th anniversary "Old Faithful"

Comments

• dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    How on earth he sat like that for an hour is still beyond me
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Is the bike still in the Transport Museum? I'm headed up to the west end after work so I may take a look, pay my respects.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Is the bike still in the Transport Museum? I'm headed up to the west end after work so I may take a look, pay my respects.

it's in the "Riverside" museum. :wink:
  • disgruntledgoat
    Alan A wrote:

The Riverside Museum of Transport?

I'll see what I can wangle.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Alan A wrote:

You'd think wouldn't you, but Glasgow Life (council) always have to complicate things.
  • disgruntledgoat
    Alan A wrote:
    Alan A wrote:

You'd think wouldn't you, but Glasgow Life (council) always have to complicate things.

Having to make nice to them on a day to day basis on the biggest thing that will ever happen in Glasgow, I feel your pain.

@gietvangent
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    dsoutar wrote:
    How on earth he sat like that for an hour is still beyond me
    Just the same when he won the 50 mile TT Championship in 1 hour 39mins 01sec in June 1993 or the 10 mile Competition Record the Saturday evening (12 hours before) of 18 mins 27 secs.
    Thanet area of KENT.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    Top bloke. Respect to a true "one of a kind". He should be part of the Secret Squirrel Club, the UCI would have a collective heart attack.