And the Pro's think they have a tough 3 weeks?

Crankbrother
Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
edited July 2013 in Pro race
I'd rather sit in the Gruppetto every mountain stage, have to endure press conferences and talk about doping, be pushed off my bike at 70kmph or fall into hawthron bushes than have to deal with this forum during 3 weeks in July ... It's f'ing awful ...

Hell, I'd rather be Ted King ...

Comments

• Froboz
    Froboz Posts: 32
    You ARE Ted King! I claim my £5.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    there's always the lantern rouge competition.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    You think you've got it tough what about the cycling WAGs:

Michael Rogers ‏@mickrogers 11 Jul

RT @millarmind: People tend to forget about our better halves, they do their own Tour de France, year round.

Amen brother!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    You're not wrong.

Usually it's only commuter chat or the 'cake stoppers' that's a moderating ballache but this Tour has taken it to new levels.

Christ - it's like a circus here.
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Ban any reference to doping and there'd be a 90% drop in posting.

Last year we only speculated whether Wiggo would end up an alkie, mild in comparison.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    I must say I'm looking forward to the classics season.
  • rick_chasey
    Bo Duke wrote:

Last year we only speculated whether Wiggo would end up an alkie, mild in comparison.

We? You only joined in 2013.

Hmmm...
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Bo Duke wrote:

We? You only joined in 2013.

Hmmm...
    I was banned for doping... :mrgreen:

(been lurking for 2-3 years + taking part in other forum sections but not this one).
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,171
    If you think people were mild with Wiggo you were lurking on a different forum. It was the whole team doping last year, the evidence was they had a mountain train just like USPS. UKPS was bandied around at every opportunity.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    2009 comeback year was madness.... entertaining thou

the difference here is the whole thing in comparison is like DIY teeth extraction and fewer jokes

I want more jokes
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • rick_chasey
    That's what this place needs. More steak jokes.