D - 1

jds_1981
jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
edited July 2013 in Commuting chat
So, while I was on a stag do this weekend, texting the stags fiance to assure her he was still okay, I received a text from her saying that it appeared my secret had been found out & to check facebook. This is what I then saw
jds_1981 Is in big trouble, after spending 20mins looking for and retrieving the mower bag from the awkwardest corner of the shed where jds has conveniently put it, his wife discovered in her search, what appears to be 2 brand new bikes that he's been told specifically not to get in preference for baby/house stuff instead. 1 man needs 5 bikes it seems!

Reckon I'm at D - 1 yet, or could a squeeze a few more in?
FCN 9 || FCN 5

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Rumbled. :D:D

get a new wife or a better lock on the shed.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    rubertoe wrote:
    Rumbled. :D:D

get a new wife or a better lock on the shed.

Ahh, lock wife in shed, store bikes in house?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Is there an axe in the shed?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Easy - tell her you have them 'on trial', that you can return them any time, that they are 'an investment', that you're looking after them for someone else, that................
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    I'm currently on 6 bikes, of which 3 live in the house. While there's no threat of D, I know that there is an impending deadline for one or 2 of the bikes being evicted. The deadline is the renovation of the front room. Full stalling tactics have been deployed and while I'm hopeful of making it to the winter, I think that by next Spring I'll have lost at least one to the bike shed :cry:

Alternatively I'll follow Duncan's advice and lock the wife in the shed. After removing the bikes.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.