No_Ta_Doctor
No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,549
edited July 2013 in Pro race
Good news in the peloton today.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Yeah. Beat you to this one by a matter of seconds ; )

There was a lot of worry from them but doesn`t look like EC cared that they have been rubbish this Tour. Voeckler distinctly and oddly under-par.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Yeah. Beat you to this one by a matter of seconds ; )

There was a lot of worry from them but doesn`t look like EC cared that they have been rubbish this Tour. Voeckler distinctly and oddly under-par.

Well, I reckon you probably deserve a win after the last couple of weeks ;-)

Think it probably deserves it's own thread though, it's pretty big news given their uncertainties recently.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I was surprised they were in doubt and surprised there was quite a bit of anxiety surrounding it.

They consistently rack up the wins not to mention the attacks.

For 2013 they have 22 wins which puts them 5th out of every team. Admittedly these aren`t always the best races but still it is indicative.

1. OmegaPharma - Quick Step Cycling Team PRT 39
    2. Sky Procycling PRT 28
    3. Orica - GreenEDGE PRT 24
    4. Movistar Team PRT 23
    5. Team Europcar PROF 22
    6. Cannondale Pro Cycling PRT 21
    7. Lotto - Belisol PRT 21
    8. Belkin Pro Cycling Team PRT 19
    9. FDJ.fr PRT 19
    10. Katusha Team PRT 19
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Yay! That's good news... at least that's one less team to be worried about come the end of the season... though the uncertainty over Vacansoleil and Euskatel remain a concern...
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Good news. that team has worked incredibly hard this Tour and the continued presence of a Europcar rider in the break has become a standing joke much to the delight of the sponsor I'm sure.

Chapeau lads, I hope all of your individual contracts are renewed as just reward.

Cofidis riders take note!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    its not the underperformance that bothers me as much as the race blunting stupid tactics
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    its not the underperformance that bothers me as much as the race blunting stupid tactics

I can imagine a few teams were pissed off with them yesterday, they couldn't really have believed the break would wait up for Rolland?
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Europcar must have got their sponsor value out of all the TV coverage of a rider out in every doomed break

Glad Rolland no longer KoM - those polkadot shorts were appalling
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    All that gurning finally paid off

However much you dislike Europcar and it's most famous team member, it's never good to see a sponsor leave so good news all round then
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,171
    andy_wrx wrote:
    Europcar must have got their sponsor value out of all the TV coverage of a rider out in every doomed break

I'm hoping that part of the new deal is that any rider from the team in a leader's jersey has to keep wearing the rest of the standard kit!
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,325
    Pross wrote:
    andy_wrx wrote:

I'm hoping that part of the new deal is that any rider from the team in a leader's jersey has to keep wearing the rest of the standard kit!

Or at least wear the red nose to complete the outfit properly.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Pross wrote:
    andy_wrx wrote:

Or at least wear the red nose to complete the outfit properly.

:lol:
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    polka dots, you gotta love them.

ALeqM5hVSB9ZOkL8DmeRHdcYP8cRYxnf5g?docId=173354090getty

3 hurrays for Europcar
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    ^if you've spotted the fourth person in the picture above, think of a nice caption.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    AG2R also extended their sponsorship to 2016, that's another two years. Excellent news.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    DeadCalm wrote:
    AG2R also extended their sponsorship to 2016, that's another two years. Excellent news.

Hmm, are polkadot shorts worse than the brown shorts :?: