Accessories from halfords

aaronspeight
aaronspeight Posts: 31
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
Hi everyone,

I've recently got a £250 love 2 shop voucher and the only cycle related place I can use them is halfords and I'm wanting to get a turbo trainer and also a cycle computer, preferably with cadence monitor.

Does anyone know what would be the best of both to buy with a budget of £250 from what's available at halfords

All help is appreciated

Thanks
A

Comments

• SwainDogg
    SwainDogg Posts: 21
    I got an Elite mag turbo from there. It was around £110 and works perfectly for me. They sell lots of standard cycle computers with cadence/speed. Not sure if they sell any GPS monitors though. Other options would be accessories/tools. I do know that they have a rather poor stock of bibshorts/jerseys.
  • IanRCarter
    IanRCarter Posts: 217
    They sell the Garmin GPS computers, I saw them on the website last night. The 510 bundle with cadence and HRM is just a tad over £250 I think.

Not sure if it can be used in conjunction with your voucher, but if you become a Ride member of British Cycling, you get a 10% discount off everything at Halfords. I managed to get my membership down to £21 for the year by paying DD and using a voucher code (google is your friend).