My bikes

markbsi
markbsi Posts: 8
edited July 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Hi all, here's a few pics of bikes.

1st one my GT Avalanche 1.0

null-4.jpg

Only change so far is some mavic xm317 rims.

2nd one is a Giant Yukon. Bought it cheap needing some work. Now its all working smoothly I'll be selling it to fund bike 3.

null-2.png

3rd one is my project Gt Aggressor Xc2, pic is how I bought it. Going to build it up and then once I make up my mind on which gt I'm keeping I'll sell the other to get a full sus bike.

null-3.png

So far it has deore shifters, mechs, and cable disc brakes. Also some jalco rims once I get a cassette and some qr's. Then all it needs is cranks, bb, and set up.

Comments

• mrlee
    mrlee Posts: 499
    Nice collection
  • markbsi
    Update: sold the giant and used the money to complete the aggressor.

null-8.jpg

So that's now up for sale, unsure of what its worth mind.

Also got some new tyres for my other GT, some conti mountain kings.

null-6.jpg
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    just curious, why do you have 2 near identical bikes? :?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Well he's just posted one is for sale - then he won't!...though he seems to spend more time selling them than riding them!

As bikes are usually worth more in bits than complete though, building one up to sell seems the wrong way round!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Ah, apologies. I missed the bit about 1 being for sale.
  • markbsi
    The Rookie wrote:
    Well he's just posted one is for sale - then he won't!...though he seems to spend more time selling them than riding them!

As bikes are usually worth more in bits than complete though, building one up to sell seems the wrong way round!

I do like to ride but as I have 2 disabled children to care for finding time to ride is hard, I sell the bikes whole as I enjoy building them (good stress reliever) and as long as I make a little on them I can justify spending that on the avalanche.

Anywhoo next things on my list are:

Some new forks: toras or recons
    Hope goodies, qr's, head doctor etc.
    Then some carbon goodies like Easton monkey lites.