Whats new

the playing mantis
the playing mantis Posts: 2,129
edited July 2013 in The cake stop
As MacArthur said, i will return, as did i and i have.

After my sabbatical, whats the deal with this place, has there been any major develpments, any breakdowns, threats, rants, comedy threads, worthy of perusing? is there a new decals or raisins thread, has vtechs BBQ happened, are the usual suspects still posting bollox (somewhat entertaining bollox), cleat, pinarello, et al, have there been anymore healthy debates about politics, anyone else bought a tractor?

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Must be holiday season.
    It's all went quiet since Friday.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I found a new friend, Mrs Toddy, on dating website Fish For Friends - pinarello001 is engaged in an ideological battle with seanoconn - ballysmate is the new saviour of, well, everything - nevman has gone off eccels cakes and is now proselitysing the oatcake - willhub found a job - willhub hates his job - Vtech is his job - team47b has been unearthed as an assassin - team47b's weapon of choice is the courgette - and chess is the new sport for BR forumites

3. Nf6 c6

the infamous Titchmarsh manoeuvre

MeandThrownChessPieces.jpg
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Welcome back :D Time off for good behaviour? :lol:

Nope, you've not missed much. Ballysmate has immortalised some of us (yourself included) in his 1000th post but has since gone AWOL, more commonly known as doing a 'playing mantis'
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Following my foray into literature, I toyed with the idea of doing a 'Christie'. No, not the serial killer, but Agatha, who staged her own disappearance. Or I could have become a recluse like the blond piece from ABBA? It would perhaps be cool to get to 1000 posts and then just disappear. But I never was one of the cool kids at school. :cry:
    So I am still here.
    I have a new mission statement, which some of you may recognise. :lol::lol:

‘Where there is discord, may we bring harmony; where there is error, may we bring truth; where there is doubt, may we bring faith; and where there is despair, may we bring hope’
  • ballysmate
    Speaking of disappearing.........VTech?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    ooo, good point, where's vtech? i bet it's alien abduction

aside from that, nothing changed, the workshop trolls still come out for any bb30 post, n00bs are still not reading the faq, and ezy still hasn't shown us his decals
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Ballysmate wrote:
    ‘Where there is discord, may we bring harmony; where there is error, may we bring truth; where there is doubt, may we bring faith; and where there is despair, may we bring hope’
    Delivered in a patronising, phony upper class accent?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Delivered in a patronising, phony upper class accent?

Mais oui :roll:
  • f me what an exciting time ive missed!

whats with the omerta over vtechs slap up barbie? if id think there was an icke'esque conspiracy on here.

btw RIP alan whicker
  • ballysmate
    f me what an exciting time ive missed!

whats with the omerta over vtechs slap up barbie? if id think there was an icke'esque conspiracy on here.

btw RIP alan whicker

:? :?: You been away? You'd have thought someone would have noticed.
  • u dont say