Hertfordshire 100

Looking for some advice as I've not ridden around this area and I'll most likely enter the 100 mile route.

Does anyone know where / how frequent the water /feed stations are?

What are the climbs like? In terms of % gradient and length? Just trying to work out what cassette I should be running...

Thanks!

Comments

• zardoz
    zardoz Posts: 251
    Try using a bit of initiative and look at the event website.
  • janogorzalek
    janogorzalek Posts: 209
    On the website it says:

"There is a mechanic and drink stops on route, where you can refill your bottles and tuck into some food to keep you going. You should however bring spare food and drink as the route is rural and may not be near shops."

Was looking for something a bit more specific than that!
  • Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    Go on an FPCC club run. Covers most of those roads regularly. Yearly membership for less than the entry price of this one event! Alternatively go on Strava and look at the climbs!
  • zardoz
    zardoz Posts: 251
    On the website it says:

"There is a mechanic and drink stops on route, where you can refill your bottles and tuck into some food to keep you going. You should however bring spare food and drink as the route is rural and may not be near shops."

Was looking for something a bit more specific than that!

See that little button on the top right of the event webpage? The one labelled "Contact Us"? you could try that. Sorry for the sarcasm, but really......

The route profiles are all on the website too. I doubt if you would need to change your cassette for this area unless you have some bizarre combination at the moment.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    Its rolling countryside, nothing very steep at all round there. A normal compact 34-25 bottom gear will be more than adequate.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    This ^^^
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/