Simple (doubt it) question:

Shimano RS80 - Fulcrum 3 - Hand built, around £350

Discuss........
Trek 1.5 Road
Haro MTB

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Just read the other threads and use the info from them.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Rodders30
    Rodders30 Posts: 314
    Had a look but couldnt find direct comparisons. Will try again later when ive cooled down a bit.

Another point for anyone with an answer. Im 92kg and falling. Target weight 85kg.
    Trek 1.5 Road
    Haro MTB
  • RidingSeed
    RidingSeed Posts: 33
    Shimano all the way. They've been around for quite a while and they're reliable in my opinion. Good luck on getting to 85kg, you haven't got much left.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Rodders30 wrote:
    Had a look but couldnt find direct comparisons. Will try again later when ive cooled down a bit.

Another point for anyone with an answer. Im 92kg and falling. Target weight 85kg.

This question at this price point is asked several times a week!

At your weight get some handbuilts. 32 rear 28 front. Shimano too flexy for your weight, more likely to break spokes etc and much easier to repair handbuilts, and a hell of a lot cheaper.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Rodders30
    I was swaying shimao but wanted opinons on others. Im on 20 fronts 24 rears atm. Even at my starting weight of 17 odd stone.

Ill have a look for these other posts.

The other thing i was thinking is, is it worth 200quid to save 500grammes of weight over a cheaper set of wheels at 2kg and about 150quid
    Trek 1.5 Road
    Haro MTB
  • Rodders30 wrote:

The other thing i was thinking is, is it worth 200quid to save 500grammes of weight over a cheaper set of wheels at 2kg and about 150quid

If you are 85kg, No.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Rodders30
    Found some fulcrum 5s on wiggle for 160quid. Seems good. Though i dont have 10 speed. Though ive wanted to upgrade my groupset for a while.
    Trek 1.5 Road
    Haro MTB
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Handbuilt.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    Rodders30 wrote:
    No- you will get more robust wheels which will last longer and take more knocks. The wheel weight will help you lose your own weight faster as you will work a little harder. Lose your own weight first before spending big bucks on smaller weight savings on components!
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    That is another set of RS80's sold then!
    Yellow is the new Black.