Road Captain. Who would you have?

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
edited July 2013 in Pro race
Following on from Lichtblick's questions on the Spoiler threads.

If you were a team leader who would you want as your road captain?
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Rundfahrt
    Rundfahrt Posts: 551
    Based on his work heading into crosswinds in multiple Tours, Rogers has to be at or near the top of any list.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    If I was on the team I'd have any Cofidis rider. Then I know I'd never have to do anything.

NapD "shall I go in the breakaway or attack at the end?"
    Cofidis road captain "no, just sit tight at the back of the peloton with the rest of us"
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Hard to look past Rogers
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    David Millar would be good too

I wonder if Jens is any good at it..?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Wouldn't be surprised if Tosatto is more a road captain than Rogers on Saxo.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I'm constantly told that the whole race is dictated by DSs with radios so I don't see the point of having one.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    I'd have Bernie although I'd probably just ride off the road and into a ditch as I'd be too busy staring at his beautiful face. :oops:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I'd have Bernie although I'd probably just ride off the road and into a ditch as I'd be too busy staring at his beautiful face. :oops:

Isn't he just divine? And that weird hybrid Austrian-Australian accent as well...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    I think we re all superfluous to requirements now boys... ;)

Sky.SM.Stg4.Eisel.jpg

Although if things start happening to quickly for you AtC, just think of:-

tumblr_m6yw7uqX0w1rnpskto1_500.jpg
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • above_the_cows
    Be still my beating heart. :shock: I must say I took a strange delight in that series of photos of hurty Bernie, poor lamb.

Bernie can pull those white jawbones off though through the power of his overall awesome beauty.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    ddraver wrote:

Millar was road captain for Team GB in the men's Olympic road race last year.

Vino won. I laughed and laughed and laughed.
    Then laughed some more at the banal questions of the girly interviewer with a mike in his face immediately afterwards.
  • above_the_cows
    Lichtblick wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Millar was road captain for Team GB in the men's Olympic road race last year.

Then laughed some more at the banal questions of the girly interviewer with a mike in his face immediately afterwards.

Millar was also road captain at the world's in Copenhagen.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Geraint. If I was having a bad day (most days, then), he would be the guy to crack a joke and pick everyone's face from the floor.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Andreas Klier knows which way the wind blows round every postbox in Flanders. SO him.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Lichtblick wrote:

FFS that was Hideously awful, biased, cringeworthy, uninformed and down right disrespectful questioning from Jill Douglas.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Geraint. If I was having a bad day (most days, then), he would be the guy to crack a joke and pick everyone's face from the floor.

Not think he's short on experience?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Alan A wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:

FFS that was Hideously awful, biased, cringeworthy, uninformed and down right disrespectful questioning from Jill Douglas.

examples please!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    Alan A wrote:
    Lichtblick wrote:

PHEW!

Until I read the last two words I thought you were having a real go at me.
  • above_the_cows
    Andreas Klier knows which way the wind blows round every postbox in Flanders. SO him.

:lol:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Beat me to it.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Don't think I'd get on with peter post.
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    People who read the race best and the conditions too, no? Has to be keyboard warriors...