Cube LTD 26er

bwlmog
bwlmog Posts: 15
edited July 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Hopefully someone on here can help, I'm a total newbee to biking and was looking to get the above through a cycle to work scheme. Having looked around this seemed to be within budget and with decent specs, however stock seems to be extremely limited (20" frame) both online and locally.

I can find 29er versions (but tyre choice is limited and expensive - particuarly for semi slick tyres) but those that have the 26er in stock have little to no Cube accessories which considering you get 10% of the bike value for Cube accessories means I'd be unable to use the voucher (and would wave goodbye to £80+ of freebies).

My question is therefore, does anyone know of a shop that has the bike in stock, with good selection of accessories and registered with cyclescheme. Or alternatively, a similar spec'd bike below the £900 mark - I'd love a canynon but they don't operate the scheme.

Thanks in advance for any advice available.

Bwlmog

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I think you'll find they mean accessories. Any accessories.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bwlmog
    Unfortunately, the voucher specifically states it must be in this case Cube branded products.
  • cooldad
    But you say you will consider alternative bikes? So I'm confused.
    Perhaps you should clarify what sort of voucher.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • bwlmog
    Hi Cooldad,

As I understand it when you enter into a cycle to work agreement with Cyclescheme you get sent an electronic voucher which entitles you to 10% of the value of the bike purchased in accessories (but they must be branded accessories and the same brand as the bike being purchased).
    The only online stores that I found with the Cube Ltd 26er in stock had little to no branded Cube Accessories, so I either get the bike from there without accessories (and lose over £80 of free accessories) I find somehwere with the bike in stock with a good range of Cube accessories or I find a different bike (but again they would need a decent range of accessories).
    Sorry I confused myself when posting, but thanks for taking the time to respond.
  • cooldad
    I've never heard of the accessories needing to be the same brand as the bike. I'd check. Doubt any dealer would turn down a deal on that basis. Most bike manufacturers don't sell things like helmets and mudguards and stuff like that anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • bwlmog
    cooldad wrote:
    I've never heard of the accessories needing to be the same brand as the bike. I'd check. Doubt any dealer would turn down a deal on that basis. Most bike manufacturers don't sell things like helmets and mudguards and stuff like that anyway.

I'll give them a call and see what they say. Thanks