Anyone remember the "daft tart"?

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited July 2013 in Commuting chat
That vid I posted of the woman who almost hit me because she was on the phone...

http://youtu.be/4w3ThrvdTec

I got this comment added to it last night:
hi my daughter and her boyfriend were in any accident with this same vehicle to day she pulled out of a field and my daughter had to slam up and a swerve round her they stop to ask her what she was doing ....then she just drove into the back of them wrecking the bumper ....found this video by chance the police will be very interested many thanx

Looks like she really doesn't like that licence of hers
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• I thought you were going to mention about that one in norfolk, not heard a lot since the big media involvement, any one else heard anything.

KB - sounds like shes either a drunk driver or a phoneaholic !!
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Don't we just love inconsiderate, dangerous, phone-talking drivers who blithely go around dispensing chaos to other road users - WITH their company name and telephone number emblazoned over their vehicles??
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Paul_iow
    Paul_iow Posts: 110
    Slightly off topic Kieran but what camera do you use?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    I was hoping for pictures of the young student with the fine aris' he followed home a while ago.
  • Kieran_Burns
    Paul_iow wrote:
    Slightly off topic Kieran but what camera do you use?

Contour 1080 running at 720p/60fps
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • Excellent, i wondered if helmet cam clips would start to become a database of terrible drivers.
  • Ride hard
    Ride hard Posts: 389
    Parking on the wrong side of the road and pulling out into oncoming traffic while on a mobile phone. That takes some skill.

I love the 'get a car' comment. I had to laugh when someone said this me as a final parting shot recently when he did a u-turn directly into my path and we had words. My response: "I've already got one" He didn't know what to say. Bless.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    That vid I posted of the woman who almost hit me because she was on the phone...

http://youtu.be/4w3ThrvdTec

I got this comment added to it last night:
    hi my daughter and her boyfriend were in any accident with this same vehicle to day she pulled out of a field and my daughter had to slam up and a swerve round her they stop to ask her what she was doing ....then she just drove into the back of them wrecking the bumper ....found this video by chance the police will be very interested many thanx

Looks like she really doesn't like that licence of hers

How did the commenter find your video? My Youtube-fu must be weak as I can't find any tags e.g. registration number or company name.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    Is that the A60 southbound, turning off at Bunny towards Gotham?
  • Kieran_Burns
    Where the vid took place? No. That's in Kegworth (although I do have plenty of vids of that bit as it's also on my commute)

Oh - ironically.... guess who let me clear a line of parked cars while I was on the way to Donington Park last night?
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • tetley10
    tetley10 Posts: 693
    Give us a clue
  • Kieran_Burns
    It appears to be kicking off in my channel!

Got a reply to that post above:
    only just seen this website - you need to get facts straight - this is absolute rubbish.

your daughters boyfriend was driving - and your daughter smashed the windscreen of the van in a total rage - saying "###### report this! " - police were informed same day as incident as well as insurance windscreen company - photos taken of damaged windscreen as evidence.

I am kind of curious how people are finding the vid though... cos I swear the tabs I use are a bit rubbish
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Better get your Tinfoil liner to your helmet back in Kieran, they are watching you you know!

Sounds very interesting the incident though!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • pollys_bott
    pollys_bott Posts: 1,012
    Where the vid took place? No. That's in Kegworth (although I do have plenty of vids of that bit as it's also on my commute)

Ah yes, A6 southbound - recognise that big old red-brick building with the green paint on the left at the start of the vid.
  • cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410
    I've seen this vehicle quite a few times in the Kegworth/Gotham area. No longer seems to be parked up in Kegworth opposite the Parish Council offices where I used to see it a lot so Kieran must have scared her off. 8)
    Boardman CX Team
  • Kieran_Burns
    edited July 2013
    They're trying to sell the house, I think they're running the business from somewhere else now, although I do see the HUGE guy walking 'round Kegworth in the direction of the river quite often.

(edit 'cos I type slower than I think... so many missed words)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    edited July 2013
    They're trying to sell the house, I think they're running the business from somewhere else now, although I do the HUGE guy walking 'round Kegworth in the direction of the river quite often.
    You do him do you? :shock: :lol:

Edited:- Tee hee. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Kieran_Burns
    edited smart-arse

(I'm forever missing words out when I type...)
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
  • patrickf
    patrickf Posts: 536
    It's getting contagious! I was driving behind a woman in a bright pink (first warning?) car going around pentagon island in Derby. She was displaying some pretty awful driving and I almost went into the back of her as she kept slowing down when nothing was in front of her.

Pulled up next to her only to see her head down in her phone! I gave her "that look" and she starts mouthing off like a rabid dog! Shame I couldn't be bothered to wind the window down to entertain her, but she was only too keen to show me how quick her car goes when the lights went green.

Sometimes I do wonder if I should be mounting my bike cam in the car...