Warning: Politically incorrect/inappropriate question...

nternal1
nternal1 Posts: 58
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
Are riding shorts supposed to crush your naughty bits? I got a decent pair of riding shorts and, while the cushioning is fine , they definitely compact the other parts. I have fairly large quads and glutes from decades of moderate resistance training. Maybe I need the next size up? :?

Comments

• wakou
    wakou Posts: 165
    nternal1 wrote:
    Are riding shorts supposed to crush your naughty bits? I got a decent pair of riding shorts and, while the cushioning is fine , they definitely compact the other parts. I have fairly large quads and glutes from decades of moderate resistance training. Maybe I need the next size up? :?

Boast thread is that way ->
    "I had righteous got my wheel backmost from a fettlin' at the LBS and was hunt transport to equitation it. As it was Refrigerated in the AM......"
  • nternal1
    wakou wrote:
    Boast thread is that way ->
    It was meant to be a serious question. Are riding shorts meant to be tight in that area or not?
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    maybe you bought the wrong size.
  • Crush, no. But they shouldn't be flapping around either.

Whilst we are discussing such things does anyone else ever find they've perched wrongly on their saddle and upon getting up the blood rushes back and gives the uncomfortable feeling that one may have just wet themselves? without actually doing so of course :p
  • ct8282
    ct8282 Posts: 414
    I would say they are going to be tight there yes. As you will note they do not have any extr as pace built into them for us men, as like normal male underwear does. It is a pain in the ass (or rather the crotch) but I suppose you just have to find a position where your meat and veg are as comfortable as they can be.
  • zingaiya
    zingaiya Posts: 52
    After the first mile or so, my blood flow is so severely curtailed I'm in danger of of becoming an inny, so crushingly tight shorts stop being a problem. Of course, having a tiny john thomas to begin with is a definite help.

At least that's what I tell myself when I cry myself to sleep.
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    nternal1 wrote:
    What do you call a decent pair, what make ?
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Mindermast
    Mindermast Posts: 124
    The parts shouldn't move around freely, because in that case, they will eventually hit the saddle. But the parts don't need any padding, it wouldn't help anyway (put a cushion over your parts and hit them with a hammer ... you won't). You might need shorts with smaller or lighter padding.
  • nternal1
    antfly wrote:
    nternal1 wrote:
    What do you call a decent pair, what make ?

They're a top rated a popular cycling short sold at a store called Mountain Equipment Co-op in Vancouver. This is Canada's version of LLBean or REI.