Clay Cross, North Wingfield, Chesterfield, Derbyshire

Rousie
Rousie Posts: 5
edited August 2013 in MTB rides
Anyone around these areas?

Friend and myself are just getting into the spirit of MTB, although we've only done Carsington, Chesterfield Canal - rother valley and local stuff.

Nothing too mad, or big miles, as we're both unfit!

The peak district is at our doorstep, and we throw the bikes in the van, but still no idea where to ride!

Comments

• ScareyJ
    ScareyJ Posts: 64
    Google "Eyam" and "Hope" derbyshire, that's where most from round your way head to.

hth

J
  • clint29
    clint29 Posts: 224
    Head up to Hardwick woods in Wingerworth there are some good but short routes. Ideal if you are unfit! Sherwood pines is good to get some miles and practice in. Head up to Ladybower park on the A57 just before you cross the dam and take the first right turn after the bridge, follow the road and paths all the way round and it will lead you back to the car. It is roughly about 15 miles but easy to do. When you build your fitness get into the hills we really are lucky to have the Peak District on our doorstep. Head up to Ashover rock? Nothing exciting but will build fitness.
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    Glad I checked this out, I live local matey in shirland, im up fir a ride sometime, just need ti sort my brakes cause had some new ones, drop me a pm if you fancy meeting for a ride somewhere some time :)