Newbie Says Hi

poppyfields
poppyfields Posts: 16
edited July 2013 in MTB beginners
Thought I'd introduce myself I'm Poppy and I live in Coventry. Been into biking since stopping smoking last year. Nothing too serious but I really love being out on my bike, or I did up to 4 weeks ago when I skidded on a bend and came off my bike breaking my hip in the process. Got another 6 weeks non weight bearing on my crutches before I can even begin to start and walk again so it'll be a while before I'm out on my bike again :cry:
Got loads of spare time on my hands so going to have a good read of the forum :)
That's my bike below. I know it's probably not as cool as some of your bikes but it seemed a very decent deal for the price to me.
It's a Rockrider 8.1 from Decathlon and it's been AWESOME so far.

[imgWP_20130407_006.jpg][/img]

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Welcome Poppy.

Nothing at all wrong with your bike - it is the forum's bike of choice for the money!

You do however need to sort out the angle of the bar ends - they also appear to be on the wrong sides.

Get well soon.
  • lol thanks for that and for the welcome. I fitted them at that angle as I have arthritis in my wrists an it helps to turm my wrists regularly. Didnt know they were the wrong way round though :oops:
  • Welcome, and sympathy from a nurse.
  • Spent nearly all of last year with a new bike and unable to ride , one of my goolies swelling up like a ballon. Try and get out nearly every day now .
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Rockrider 8.1 - the best budget bike of all time. Those bar ends look a bit harsh though!
  • Spent nearly all of last year with a new bike and unable to ride , one of my goolies swelling up like a ballon. Try and get out nearly every day now .

That must have been horrendous! I've been thinking the same, once I'm allowed back on my bike I will never miss a day!
  • I tried the bar ends in all positions and this is the best for my wrists, but after my accident they'll have to go back down as I've now got a fear of being stabbed by them if I were to fall off again.. Funny how I've suddenley become concerned with safety :roll:
  • If you suffer arthritis in hands try ergon grips.best thing since sliced bread
  • Thanks for the tip I'll give them a try.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hi Poppy, I'm local to you, not sure when and where you ride /will ride (GWS) but there are a couple of local clubs I can recommend if you want to PM me, there are also a couple of local competions (friendly!) if you are interested.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.