Dialled Prince Albert or Ragley Blue Pig

stuartfung
stuartfung Posts: 90
edited July 2013 in MTB buying advice
As in the title, I've a choice of either of these frames to buy today but which one would be recommended on here? I mean in terms of 'fit' as I'm 5'7 and also the ride, weight, ease of componentry swap to, robustness etc.
Dialled Alpine MK2, Ragley Blue Pig, Giant TCR Carbon Road

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    The PA is possibly a little more 'all-round' than the Blue Pig. That doesn't mean it isn't capable though. It should be a tiny bit lighter too for roughly equivalent sizes. It's also prettier, imo.

The rest of your questions are things that only you can know really. Componentry swap depends entirely on what you're swapping from, and what the components are: quite a lot of it will fit, but some won't so you have to be aware of this with any frame.
  • stuartfung
    stuartfung Posts: 90
    warpcow, how did you find your Inbred and how are you finding the Sovereign? These are the types of bike I am trying to build, so I've been doing some studying what component I have and what I can swap and what I would need to buy depending on what frame am gonna go for. Since posting, I have found a nice Dialled Alpine 16.5 which I think would be the right fit. I think this has a slacker geometry (shorter TT than PA) but the head angle is 67 degrees compared to 70 on the PA. Apart from reviews, forum chats like this, it's quite difficult to get a feel for them other than looking at the geometry figures.
    Dialled Alpine MK2, Ragley Blue Pig, Giant TCR Carbon Road