On sale for£299 down from £480.
I will be cycling 70% road and 30% trail
What I would like to know is this bike a good buy for my first
Hybrid bike and is the price good

Many thanks

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It is a heavy piece of kit and was never worth £480 (despite what Halfords say, is a very dishonest pricing strategy from them).

it is designed for comfort over light paths rather than performance - the frok is not up to trail riding, just to take the edge of single bumps.

Is not a bike I can recommend, some MTBs are lighter and better equipped, and will perform well on the road and trail with a tyre change ie the Decathlon Rockrider 5.3.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    At £299 it still seems a bit expensive, never worth anywhere near £500. Pointless fork and very basic components.
    I wouldn't.

While I was typing SS posted, so link to the 5.3
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-53 ... ctFeatures
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Agree with both above....not an MTB and better Hybrids are available (depending on what you mean by trail....)
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Brianday
    Brianday Posts: 7
    Thanks every one on your and other comments I have decided not to get the carrera and have
    Found a Dawes hybrid in my local cycle shop it doesn't have disk brakes but they are throwing in
    A set of mud guards and a bag that fits under your saddle and its only £279 so I am we'll chuffed with that
    And I don't have to google as I know the Dawes range are a good brand
    Thanks for your help
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Dawes make some OK bikes and some stinkers......just make sure you get one of the former mot oen of the latter.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Brianday
    Brianday Posts: 7
    Ok cheers