Can someone help me with my guide?

aidso
aidso Posts: 493
edited July 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
I am wanting to Service my Fox Forks this weekend - first time - and just working out what I need to purchase.
Here is the fork I have:
http://www.merlincycles.com/bike-shop/f ... -2012.html

Do you know which number it is on this list: http://www.ridefox.com/fox_tech_center/ ... index.html

I was thinking 11 but I cant find any mention of Dampers...cheers.

Comments

• maringirl
    maringirl Posts: 195
    Do you intend to do a full service or just a lower leg service?
  • aidso
    aidso Posts: 493
    Just the lower leg, cleaning the oil and the seals. I'm planning on a clean-up job and not replacing the seals as the fork is only a few months old.
  • JohnBurt
    JohnBurt Posts: 94
    Yes, reckon your right. The fox green is for bushing lubrication only, Fox recommend to soak the foam rings in float fluid. Many use other oils, ATF or 10W40 semi synthetic and substitute hypoid gear oil for float fluid -however this may invalidate your warranty.

2010-2012 F100
    (FIT RL, RLC & Remote dampers)
    FOX Red 10 wt. Damper 27.2
    FOX Green 10 wt. Damper-side oil bath 20.0
    Spring-side oil bath 20.0
  • maringirl
    maringirl Posts: 195
    Fox forks are open bath - so you will need to turn fork upside down before tasking it apart or you will lose all the oil. Once upside down undo foot nuts 2/3 turns give a good tap with rubber or plastic hammer to release . Remove foot nuts completely once released. Slide lowers off. Remove foam rings and clean and soak in whatever. Clean and crud off wiper seals. Clean lowers inside - use a wooden dowel to get rag soaked in IPA or similar down inside NOT anything metal which might scratch. Put a dollop of fork grease on wiper seals, replace foam rings and carefully slide lowers back on - take care not to roll wiper seal lip over. Replace foot nuts and crush washers (might need new ones) and torque to correct point. Clean all over with IPA. Sorted.