Warm Wednesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Bleurgh, it's not particularly nice weather today, hot and muggy.

Made a loaf of bread last night, not my finest, but still delicious. I should make more really.

More boring work today. This won't be helped by the fact I'm knackered. I really need a good nights sleep. I fell asleep on the bus home yesterday a few times :?

Anywho, tea and frosties!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

A good night sleep was had, if interupted by nobends who have decided we must all enjoy their taste in s**t music so decide to cruise down urban streets at 1am with the volume cranked up to max. There will be blood. And in this heat - it's going to stink the place up.

Anyhoo, another busy work day ahead, with all that doumentation still looming (everytime I start I get pulled away to do something else). There may be bacons later too, because I'm worth it. There will definately be coffee!

Onwards! To caffiene! And Safe Systems of Work!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Mornin

cider aided sleep = refreshed this morning. Bl00dy hot on the ride home last night, arrived home bright red to find the father in law here but more importantly, our new kitchen doors - they bi-folding and have transformed the kitchen - but would have still preferred to buy a decent car :)

Today is working from home with conference calls and board packs - living the dream. Later is something that hopefully doesn't involve drink
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work. It's too hot. I didn't go for a run last night as the heat made me feel like I was melting on the way home. So tonight I am intending to go to the gym to bask in air conditioned luxury.

Bridezilla has annoyed the mothership yet again.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    last night i was sorting out all the hex bit for the screwdriver. Fun. while doing so I was drinking Guinness and eating Hummus.

bit cooler today. 26 degrees.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    nicklouse wrote:
    Guinness and eating Hummus
    Sounds like a good mix.

First day in this week as I had an inspection on Monday evening so got Mon & Tues off. Nothing to report, was at Chicksands on sunday which was awesome, got some fresh battle wounds.

Laters
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon troops,

This morning was spent in Cardiff at a Deloitte VAT seminar, it's less exciting than it sounds even but there was a sausage sarnie so i forgive them.

Much home life friction currently, i just want it over and to be out, keep my head down and stay out of the way is my plan cant be arsed for a fight, tonights avoidance tactics, Cwm ride!.

Laters
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mongs!

The recent severe case of meh which resulted in me not bothering to go near a bike for ages seems to have passed, although my skillz seem to have suffered and I am exhausted by more than a couple of hours riding.

Work's still a pain but not as bad as it has been.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    ... but there was a sausage sarnie so i forgive them.
    Ahh this explains why you're not chasing MissCMC any more!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon Scuttlers

Today I should be back in Wolves but serious CBA means I'm still in my jimmers trying to raise twitter users for cc2cc, will get ready in a bit though

This is all
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander

Me chase? me???
  • MissCMC

Me chase? me???

Yes you! Chase anything with a pulse. I saw you looking at the lady on the Trek on Saturday. :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Only after you pointed her out! Then i was just trying to figure how the medical team could possibly remove the saddle from the cavern that was her arse crack.... :shock:
  • MissCMC
    I still maintain she required some kind of basket/support mechanism to carry her extremely large stomach and stop it hanging down.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nicklouse wrote:
    bit cooler today. 26 degrees.
    spoke too soon. 28 now!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thewaylander
    That would be a crane as im not sure the bike could support all that weight solo for long.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    matthew h wrote:
    Later is something that hopefully doesn't involve drink

Again, never going to happen! :D

Slow day of learning how to make stuff out of glass and carbon fibre, made me very sleepy! Not helped by the thoroughly awesome Kings of Leon gig at the LG Arena last night! Which was awesome and then some! Have i told you it was awesome!

Onwards to foods and sleeeeeeeeep!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323

Me! chase me!

FTFY

And no, I won't. You're not my type.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Beat me to it Clank, bravo.

'Ning
    Went to bed very early last night and had a lovely long sleep. I'm still bloody knackered though, but that might be to do with the general poor diet and lack of sleep for the last week or so.
    Usual fun and games today, and now I'm eating Tunnocks teacakes* while thinking about cleaning the 9.8

Kisses
    FoxC

*other generic teacakes are available, but they're disappointing at best.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Evening bumders

Lazy day of vet meh today, managed to get 2 hours off at lunch and slack off an hour early this evening. Been out to pick up my new cranks from the post office courtesy of VWbum. Just need some forks, a stem, saddle and some new bearings for my wheels I think. Then it's build time.

TTFN
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Sitting in a bar in the west end of Edinburgh getting steadily H'd.

That's about it for the day.

Later......
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    MissCMC wrote:
    Yes you! Chase anything with a pulse.
    Picky ba$tard isn't he.

Evening Mongs,

Worked from home this morning while the BT bloke installed my new 'super fast broadband'. At least it doesn't seem terminally slow any more. But then had to go into the office to deal with useless minions who were ferking things up and getting me in the sh1t. Had a pint on the way out the office to make up for it and managed much perving at the scantily clad burds standing outside the pub.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Again, never going to happen! :D !

Good point well made, mum and dad popped round to see the finished kitchen & doors and wine was consumed
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    matthew h wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Good point well made, mum and dad popped round to see the finished kitchen & doors and wine was consumed

Phew! thought you were gonna let us down!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Phew! thought you were gonna let us down!

never :)