Bike for 600 pound max - only from Halfords

Rege
Rege Posts: 3
edited July 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi guys,

I have apllied for cycle to work scheme and wanted to buy a decent bike for 600 pounds max. I wanted to buy the Voodoo Hoodoo, but since the new version came out, which apperently has been been quite downgraded I am not sure whether this is still the right choice for me.

Should I still get the Hoodoo or choose something else? I am stuck with Halfords as the scheme I am in works only with them.

Cheers in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Boardman comp or possibly carrera fury. I would go boardman myself.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    As above, Boardman Comp if it fits.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    If you can find one in stock the Voodoo Bizango is a nice bike that has won a couple of bike tests and is bang on the money at £600
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Rege
    Rege Posts: 3
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies. As I am 6´ 3", I think Boardman Comp is a little bit too small. as the maximum frame size is 19.

What do you think about these bikes:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... 65499#tab1

Any good?

Edit:

I checked on the bizango model - looks solid, I wouldn't mind try out a 29r, as I often use a 28 hybrid for work, so I am used to bigger sized wheel. Can't find it on halfords website though.

Cheers

Jakub
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Only one way to find out if they fit, and that is to go and sit on them. It might fit fine!

The Whistle is not worth the money, seen better forks on bieks half the price.
  • Never heard of them. I am 6 foot on a boardman ht pro carbon large and it is fine. The only way to tell is to sit on the bike.check boardman site for full details of bikes tube lengths, one manufacturers 19 is different to anothers.