Saddles - after Lime, Purple, White etc etc?

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,868
edited August 2013 in Commuting chat
Hello all,

After 2 lots of bar tape, one in yellow for my bike, and one in white or preferably dark pink for the gf's bike:
1370356182-89886800.jpg

I have cinelli tape at the mo which is fine, but would like to hear peoples recommendations please.

Additionally, on the pic above does anyone know of someone who makes dark pink bar tape, as all I seem to find are a pale 'baby' pink which would not go I reckon.

Dan
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Black.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • mbthegreat
    mbthegreat Posts: 179
    Dirty white!
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    i've got a pack of 'hot pink' looking tape from planetx was after a similar colour myself but, doesn't appear to exist unless imported from far east..
  • daniel_b
    bushu wrote:
    i've got a pack of 'hot pink' looking tape from planetx was after a similar colour myself but, doesn't appear to exist unless imported from far east..

Thanks Bushu - I have just found a tape that Deda make, called Violet which might be a semi decent match for the bike above. Although seeing the 2 together now I am not so sure.......

deda-bar-tape-violet.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Get her lime green. Fizik must do a nice Cannondale tie in? Their bar tape is very good. Deda, on the other hand, has a significantly shorter lifespan (in my experience).
  • daniel_b
    BigMat wrote:
    Get her lime green. Fizik must do a nice Cannondale tie in? Their bar tape is very good. Deda, on the other hand, has a significantly shorter lifespan (in my experience).

That's a fine call - hadn't even considered that!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • daniel_b
    Guys,

just to resurrect this thread, I have taken on board the suggestion above (Cheers BigMat), and gone with lime green.

So far I have purchased lime green bar tape from Evans - the Fizik stuff that I could easily get hold off was not lime enough to my eye.
    fwe-gel-cork-bar-tape.jpg

Green and white Zefal bottles and Elite bottle cages.

Lime rubino pro 3 tyres:
    cubierta-vittoria-rubino-pro-iii-plegable-700x23-lima-negro.jpg

Now the bit I am really going to struggle with is the saddle.

On her current bike she has a Specialized Jett 143, which she finds really comfy, so I could get another one of those, they are on offer for £45 at cycle surgery, or I could go for something else.

White would look nice - would go with these wheels and the frame well (Also have white FSA stem and White Ritchey bars, and white pedals):
    Shimano_RS30_wheelset_white.jpg

So back to the saddle, I wanted to get her a Fizik one, as I have one and love them, and the Donna and Vitesse both seem to get mostly good reviews, BUT they only seem to come in a 130 or 150 width....

So I guess I have to probably abandon that idea, unless anyone knows differently.

Is it just me, or are colour options really limted for womens saddles?
    Which if so, surprises me, as you would imagine women would be pretty finicky about colour co-ordinating!

Anyone have any other Saddle suggestions for me?

First choice - Lime
    Second choice - White and Purple/White Lime
    Third choice - All white
    Fourth choice - Black
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Charge do a spoon version in what they call Lime, Although its more yellow.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills