Somebody threw an empty MaccyDs at me today....

shyretirer
shyretirer Posts: 26
edited July 2013 in Commuting general
... from their Vauxhall Corsa.

It went all of two feet. I felt so embarrassed for him.

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Someone threw a handful of skittles at me the other day from a car! Sting a bit at 40mph lol.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    I got a nice hand gesture from a fat heffa in a people carrier the other day, she approached the junction i cycled past the junction, that was it. I can only assume she was annoyed at having to give way for an extra 20 seconds for me.

Fat b@@tard!
  • JackPozzi
    JackPozzi Posts: 1,191
    shyretirer wrote:
    ... from their Vauxhall Corsa.

It went all of two feet. I felt so embarrassed for him.

With that diet it's no surprise he was weak :) Think yourself lucky though, I was heading to the start of a time trial last year and some chav twat scored a direct hit on my aero helmet with a vanilla mcflurry (possibly a milkshake, hard to tell when it smacks you in the side of the head at speed)
  • shyretirer
    Couple of weeks ago, I'm heading down Winkfield Road towards Legoland. It's quite a steep hill, and I find it scary but a bit exhilarating. Anyway, I get to the end, and there's the Legoland roundabout. Just before I get there, a bloke in a campervan overtakes me, and shouts "Prick!" at me. I assume this is because I wasn't allowing him to overtake (though, quite how I am supposed to do that is beyond me. The road is quite narrow, not the greatest surface in the World, and the traffic the otherway is quite busy.)

Well, so he overtakes..... and immediately get's stuck in the traffic on the other side of Legoland, heading into Windsor, and manages to stop so that it's slightly inconvenient for me to get onto the cycle path. But I manage it, and as I pass him, I shout out "Prick" and then am off on my merry way!

It's things like that that really add to the joy of cycling!
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Yelled at by a Clio full of chavs, then had a chealsea tractor overtake as I was indicating right on the approach to a roundabout yesterday.

Think I might take an extra bidon filled with morning 9155 to spray at the next twunt.

Sunshine really brings the t!ts out doesn't it?
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    I was cycling along last night on my tod, middle of nowhere. Very few cars about, wide open road. Chap comes the other direction (in car) and starts flashing his lights and slowing down slightly. Initial thought was he was going to warn me of an incident around the corner or something. He wasn't. He looked furious, red with rage, and was shouting (i couldn't hear him, his windows were closed) at me. My lip reading skills suggest he was saying 'Cracking Trick' or 'Clucking Brick', something along those lines.

A case of mistaken identity? or just impartial hatred of anyone on a bike. Dangerous mindset. Made me chuckle though.
  • peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    In the case of the OP: So, we have someone who A)wants to cause a stranger problems/peril and B)litters.

The world is fooked.
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Laugh at the fat person, in the small car filling their body with shite, while you do something worthwhile and healthy.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Couple of weeks ago I was yelled at ... "Get in the Trees" ...

Eh? I was on a road bike ... how am I supposed to ride it in the trees? twots!
  • shyretirer
    It was the really aggressive way he did it, and the fact that it went two foot that reminded me of my two year old niece throwing a tantrum.

If I ever see him again, I'm tempted to thank him for making my day. He might not appreciate it though.
  • kenan
    kenan Posts: 952
    Young lad down the seafront chucked his McDonalds out his window while parked only to have it passed back by a lady in her 70's. She proceed to "tell him off" in only the way a mother/grandmother can and he just sat there sinking into his seat.
  • I was out on Sunday morning in the Suffolk lanes with a mate. A car came up behind us with plenty of opportunity to pass for a few hundred yards but didn't - although we were only riding steady. The road then went upwards for a couple of hundred yards and I slowed to about 5mph (not in good shape at the moment!). Car sat there in 1st gear behind me. My pal made it to the crest before me, i shouted 'is it clear?' and he waved it was - i signalled to the car to pass me. They didn't - until we'd crested the hill - then the old dear in the passenger gave me a good finger wagging and a 'don't you try to tell us how to drive our car'...

You try and do the right thing...
    Put me back on my bike...

t' blog: http://meandthemountain.wordpress.com/
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    got told by a car driver last night that there was a cycle lane 4 feet to my left, looked to my left and then said, "so there is" and carried on.
  • Had my first encounter with some chavs in an old Vauxhall Nova who thought it funny to laugh 'HA HA' at the top of their voices as I passed their stationary car. I guess they hoped I'd jump or fall off or similar.

It made me laugh, there I was having an enjoyable ride in good weather and getting fit in the process and there they were sat in a rusty old Nova going nowhere and doing nothing, how boring!
  • fatsmoker
    fatsmoker Posts: 585
    I heard that the girls are attracted to lads in Novas like flies to sh1t.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    maybe its just the aerodynamic properties of MaccyD drinks containers, had one chucked at me once by a group of youths from a passing car, and it completely crashed and burned before it got anywhere near me :lol:
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Were they called Fritz?
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.