lidl sale this Thursday.

coulddobetter
coulddobetter Posts: 812
edited July 2013 in MTB general
Just a heads up.includes a work stand at £ 30.00

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Thanks for the heads up, looks well worth £30, think I'll go check it out.
  • Worth a look. Cheers.
  • JMcP92
    JMcP92 Posts: 339
    I'm gonna go have me one of those :) Store about half an hour walk away so I'll have one of them tomorrow, not the strongest thing of all time but for £30 - done deal

Thanks for the heads up mate :)
  • Bishbosh10
    Bishbosh10 Posts: 268
    I have one of those, thoroughly recommended.
    2011 Giant Trance Ltd, 2016 Revs, XT bits etc.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A new Aldi has just opened across the road from me, very handy! Had £30 bike stands in, and £20 bike tool kits.
  • JMcP92
    Why thank you again for the heads up, a once empty corner of bedroom now becomes a useful mini-workshop.
    Now just to make sure my landlord never ever sees it.

lwnd.jpg
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    An Aldi is opening near me in a couple of weeks... don't know if it will still be on sale. Might have to make a trip to the dreaded Harlow
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I bought one of the workstands today. Not unboxed it yet, but it feels reassuringly heavy.
  • mmmcheese
    mmmcheese Posts: 52
    anyone tryed the cycle shorts or bag?
  • monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,534
    They only had 3/4 length and blue in the Balham store this morning - they also had a picture of a woman on the front - does that mean they're female specific?
  • pidy
    pidy Posts: 24
    Bought it, opened it, assembled it, love it
  • JMcP92
    pidy wrote:
    Bought it, opened it, assembled it, love it

Agreed, must be honest, very bulkier and sturdier than I expected for £30, and that's with the legs only half extended as I've got it shoehorned in a corner, but for £30? Very impressed.
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    Just a heads up.includes a work stand at £ 30.00

Thanks for the heads up. As I was at work I sent my dad to pick up a jacket and two of the water bottles as he lives about a mile away from his local store. Was thinking about the bike stand as well but wasn't sure how good it would be for £30 but after everyones comments I went to my local store after work and picked one up. They still had about 10 left and a few other items but the jackets where all gone and only a few bottles left. Still in the box at the mo but feels reasuringly heavy, on my things to do list for tomorrow.
  • Motley13
    Motley13 Posts: 89
    Managed to get one of the stands too, seems like a good piece of kit and a good investment and it hasnt hurt the wallet to much either, win
  • lbalony
    lbalony Posts: 301
    I have had one 12 months now. It has been terrible. Good at first and would be good as just a stand but to use it was a work stand it isn't that good. The various clamps do not tighten up good enough to support the bike without it moving on the poles. The plastic then split on the top piece preventing any sort of stability. I have no drilled a hole through the plastic and the pole and secured it with a bolt. It is better than it was brand new but sooner I get a decent one the better. It was good for my first one though and did make life easier than having none.
  • SE43
    SE43 Posts: 44
    I picked up a Bike Computer for £6.99 and a Gel Saddle Cover for £3.99.

From what I have test so far, very impressed for the price I paid for it. Works well, has an option for MPH too which I was happy about as the picture only shows KMH. Good computer to have on a budget anyway.

The saddle cover also very good, what else is there to say, comfier than the standard saddle anyway.
    B'TWIN Triban 5a