Cateye Velo wireless or Bontrager Trip 4

rich_p
rich_p Posts: 21
edited July 2013 in MTB buying advice
I am just looking a wireless cycle computers and am hoping for some feedback from people who have used the models I am looking at.

I don’t want to spend a fortune and am only really concerned with distance travelled per trip and in total and the speed is always fun to see.

I have narrowed it down to a Cateye Velo Wireless or a Bontrager trip 4.

I am just wondering if one has an advantage over the other in terms of fit, reliability and size etc?

It will be going on a Cannondale trail, I currently use an app on my iPhone which is kept in a saddle bag, the problem is if I forget to charge it then it can die on me.

Comments

• Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I've got the Bontrager Trip 5W (same as the 4, with a couple of extra features), and I'm perfectly happy with it. You can get one for £25 and it has a decent spec, including backlight and thermometer (and two wheel sizes, if you have two bikes or change wheels). It looks good, with a big, clear, easy to read display, has a good mounting kit, took a matter of a few minutes to set up and fit, and performs faultlessly, couldn't ask for more. The buttons have a nice positive feel too, and are well placed - with it mounted on the left bar I can use my thumb to cycle through the options without taking my hand off the bar.
  • rapid_donkey
    rapid_donkey Posts: 448
    I have a cateye micro wireless. It has lots of functions, including top speed, average pace, distance covered etc.
    Never had a problem with it, was easy to set up, would buy the same again if I needed another one.