A problem shared and all that.

p44cmb
p44cmb Posts: 124
edited July 2013 in MTB general
Feeling somewhat frustrated this morning and could do with sounding off... a problem shared is a problem halved.

Rear shock broke on my bike (Ghost RT 5900 with an Xfusion 02 shock) that was obtained via a 3rd party company that administers my company's cycle to work scheme. Ultimately the bike came from CRC so when the shock broke, naturally I filled out the CRC warranty claim form and duly sent the shock to CRC for repair. After a month of being shock less I mailed CRC last night asking if the shock was not going to be repaired soon could I just have a replacement. CRC came back quickly saying "Actually thats what we've done, it was sent on Saturday and when a delivery attempt was made there was nobody home" CRC then gave me the delivery address of where it went.... which turns out is 347 miles north of where I live!!

CRC sent the shock to the last delivery address that was used on the 3rd party company's account rather than my address that was on the original delivery on the bike and also on the warranty form. I'm now speaking to the 3rd party company to try to get them to speak to the chap in Scotland that has a royal mail card through his door telling him he has a package waiting for him that is my replacement shock. here's hoping he agrees to send it on to me.

i'm currently at the "laughing about it" stage but i'm not sure how long that will last.

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    :shock:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    A problem shared is a problem doubled...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I have no problems.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    Those 'automated' systems are great until you introduce a human.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • p44cmb
    p44cmb Posts: 124
    Update...Bloke in Scotland now has shock and is sending it back to CRC. This leaves plenty of room for human intervention for things to go further tits up.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    A problem shared is a problem everyone else can laugh at.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I blame Wiggle.....

Similar story, my daughter ordered a spraydeck for a Kayak (not CRC!) and got a camping windbreaker in a different name, (invoice with his name and correct address - wrong address was ONLY on the couriers label!) and yes he had her spraydeck!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    cooldad wrote:
    I have no problems.

no comment...
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8