Choosy Tuesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Judo last night was good, but ferkin hot!! I'm surprised I'm not a puddle right now.

Today I get to climb under tables and unscrew boxes I installed last summer. Because of this, I'm wearing shorts and tshirt, whether the company likes it or not. Should be a lot more comfortable than yesterday!

Afterwards, I'm going to bake some bread and go on a short bike ride. I'm determined to have a healthy week this week, so I'm doing some excercise every day and watching what I eat. We'll see how long it lasts...

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Good morning ladies,

Working since 6 but should be out of the door by 3.

Training for the ccc2cc has been on hold for a couple of weeks after injuring my ribs. Should be another couple of weeks before I'm fixed enough to get out for a proper ride, but gym sessions start again on Thursday.

In more exciting news, new frame should be here today. Can. Not. Wait.

Laters
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Another scorching hot day and very little sleep will make for a drowsy day for me. On the plus side this is my Friday. I'm going to finish early and head off for a week. The car is already packed and waiting to go.

The day didn't start well as my milk had gone off and came out of the bottle like cottage cheese. It's supposed to be good until the 13th. So no porridge for me. I had to make do with toast.

Better get on a do some 'work'.

Later......
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

More being a vet meh today. CBA. Tennis this evening. Can't wait for tomorrow as I want the weather to cool down a bit now. Need to get cleaning the car too at some point as it's going on Saturday and being replaced by something bigger and ugglier but more practical for bikes.

TTFN
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,872
    morning

Had a great ride in today, loving this weather.

Work meh, followed by a BBQ & ale later :)
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Morning, first day of my forced holiday, lovely weather again, i'm off hillwalking today!

Then maybe job hunting after..
  • Morning fellow crudders

Today will mostly be being pissed of at apple, bought the t'other half a new iPod nano gen 7, I knew it would be a better version than my gen 5 but didn't really look into it. They have now changed the pin slot for charging to a smaller version so it doesn't fit on any docking stations I have, I now have to buy the adapter so it will fit everything another £25 sheets. Apple do know how to make money, I know your going to say don't buy it then you mug! but I like there stuff, i just don't see the need to change everything so quickly. If its not broke dont fix it apple!!

Hoping to get a quick ride in before work but will be on the other one, the square one needs a new bottom bracket which I have just received this morning with a shiny new double crankset, hope to fit this later in the week, I only ordered it Sunday and it arrived this morning good work CRC.

Later people's
    work hard, play hard, fall hard

cube stereo 2010

Felt Z95 2013
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning scuttlers

another sunny day, and I'll be out in the garden again trimming bush and putting up a post
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning ladies,

Gazlar maybe we should start a South Wales bush trimming business?

Today i ammstly not trying to lose my temper, house hold is a bit stressful at the moment and trying not to let that spill over.

Otherwise lots of riding and onwards to free lunch nom!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,538
    Afternoon Genetic Experiments,

Good ride into work this morning before it got too warm - may be a bit sweaty on the way back though! Now back to work, work and more work...quarterly reporting is not fun :(
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Making the most of that strange ball of fire in the sky, another trail ride after work is in order. Hopefully won't stack it by over shooting a corner.

Work actually feels like a sunday.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Yeah you whinge at me enough about the household.

Last night I got home to a kitchen table covered in 'Optimum Gain' protein shake drums. I don't know why knucklehead housemate doesn't just give up eating food and just live on the damn shake things! This morning I awoke to the smell of cauliflower being fried in curry powder. Seriously if my diet required me to eat stuff like that I would not be doing said diet.

It's too hot and I'm grumpy as I am not sleeping well.

Looking forward to the weekend. Just booked me a demo bike for Saturday to play on before I invest a large sum of money in a new bouncier bike. It's only taken me 12 months to decide to upgrade. Until said upgrade takes place Waylander will be riding my bike. :D I may delay choosing and ordering a new bike for a while as some form of punishment for annoying me about his house purchase.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Woe is me my bike has foresaken me for greener pastures....

or more accurately been liberated.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,025
    Do you people not vet housemates? I vetted mine before proposing.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Thewaylander
    Uhm mine was my best mate of 30 years now...

he moved his evil misses in and she has systematically removed all his friends and generally made life a bit unpleasent. Still hopefully out soon enough.
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Hot.. Damn hot.. Hotter than a snakes a** in a wagon rut..

Hola boys and girls.

Museum life is as dull as some of the exhibits. A few events on to keep me busy but would rather be somewhere else.
    Dusted off the bike yesterday and went for a ride only to find a leak from the reservoir on the brakes. So the plan for tonight is see what's causing it.
    And in other news it's just over 3 weeks til i'm a Cardiff resident again. Cannot wait to have some form of normality back in my life after 8 months of limbo.

Toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Apple do know how to make money, I know your going to say don't buy it then you mug! but I like there stuff, i just don't see the need to change everything so quickly. If its not broke dont fix it apple!!
    Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Beautiful weather at present. No sleep as my flat is like a hotbox, but I'll put up with it for the opportunity to sit in beer gardens and ogle scantily clad ladies. Did the mondraker enduro thing at weekend. Camping and booze was awesome, trails were rubbish. 30km of riding for bugger all reward - if I do that sort of distance here I can smash in at least 6 really good descents. Think we are spoiled TBH. Also I got heatstroke, so I was pretty much a ruin for most of yesterday, which was no fun. The mega was brill though - it weighs a ton, but smashes downhill like a champ.

Really need to get my arse in gear and flog the bits to get money back though. They're all just sat on the floor of my flat at present.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    A'rtnoon droolers,

Work m'eh was not very m'eh, as it happens, and I got to pootle home gently without reducing myself to a mostly liquid state. I count that as a win.

I'm now planning tonight's chowdown whilst downing large volumes of grapefruit squash.

I really must by some ingredients!

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    So that was day 2 of 26 done. I went to Costco. Ate some skittles. Usual stuff.
    Feeling a bit fed up coz the boyfriend is in France and I'm not. Not all that long till we go to Chatel though, so I can't complain.
    Put a Cunning Plan into action today. Sadly it's one of those that'll take months to come to fruition.
    Yoga in a bit. Meanwhile I think I'll eat some cheese.

Kisses
    FoxC