Leisure Lakes Bikes new shop in South Wales

JBA
JBA Posts: 2,852
edited August 2013 in MTB general
Leisure Lakes are opening a new shop in Newport.
It says they are moving in to an existing store near J27 of the M4.
Anyone know where this will be?
Are they taking over the Broadribb/Discount Cycles shop or another shop unit?

(If not Broadribb then I'm thinking maybe the old Gwent Camping shop at St. Woolos.)
“Life has been unfaithful
And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009

Comments

• benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Its High Cross, so I guess Broadribbs.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    It is Broadribbs, should be open August
  • dugard66
    dugard66 Posts: 1
    Its definitely Broadribbs. Broadribbs sold because the two guys there left to open a new store, I believe on the old Callows site on Caerleon Road. Good luck to them, they really know there stuff and the workshop is second to none with a really fast turnaround time.
  • 1340jas
    1340jas Posts: 217
    I drove past the shop today and there was a Leisure Lakes van parked outside. The shop was shut which is normal for a Tuesday.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    dugard66 wrote:
    Its definitely Broadribbs. Broadribbs sold because the two guys there left to open a new store, I believe on the old Callows site on Caerleon Road. Good luck to them, they really know there stuff and the workshop is second to none with a really fast turnaround time.

do you work for them (or are one of them) as I've heard nothing but the opposite about braodribbs :?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Broadribbs in leamington is excellent for what it is worth....will need to see if that is changing as well!

Some info here
    http://www.broadribbcyclesnewport.co.uk/
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • welshkev
    I never even realised they were a chain
  • The Rookie
    That's OK, you're Welsh, we understand!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • welshkev
    The Rookie wrote:
    That's OK, you're Welsh, we understand!

Oh, the casual racist card played by you English tw@ts :wink:
  • The Rookie
    How was that racist? Your welsh aren't you.....sheesh some people! ;-)