MTB shorts?

desmorrow
desmorrow Posts: 115
edited July 2013 in MTB buying advice
Any pointers for a pair of cheap MTB shorts? Seem to be looking at 30-40 quid on CRC.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Cate ... rtBy=Price

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Aldi and Lidl when they have sales. The budget sports shops. Ebay. Etc.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rapid_donkey
    rapid_donkey Posts: 448
    Endura Hummvee's are £45 I think. Worth every penny though, Im on my second pair.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Have a look at Sports Direct. I got a pair of Avenir Elites (very similar to Endura Humvees, including a clickfast padded liner short like Enduras) for a bargain £25 a while back.
  • Have 2 pairs of Endura Singletracks, which I like.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Whatever you do, don't get any with press stud fasteners on the waist. they just pop open when you sit down especially if you've had a ruby or whatever the night before!
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    I don't think that's the fault of the shorts, lol... :lol:
  • thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    A decent padded inner is essential.
    By the way, what if anything do members wear under their padded inners?
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • milko9000
    milko9000 Posts: 533
    I put a sock on my member, RHCP style.

Aside from that, nothing. The padded inner is the inner, no need for anything more innerwards from it.
  • A decent padded inner is essential.

Worth trying wearing bib shorts under your baggies if you've not had a go - very comfortable indeed.
  • batmo
    batmo Posts: 277
    Worth trying wearing bib shorts under your baggies if you've not had a go - very comfortable indeed.
    I've found that due to the smooth nature of bib shorts my baggies don't want to stay up. When I get around to it I'll try adding press studs à la ClickFast to clip the bib shorts to my Humvees.
    Viscount Grand Touring - in bits
    Trek ZX6500 - semi-retired
    HP Velotechnik Spirit
    Brompton M6
    Specialized Camber Comp
  • Endura MTR500s were on test in the last issue of ST - I gather they've got a 'non-slip' panel to reduce that happening. TBH, it's not something I'd noticed much (usually wear a pair of Endura Singletracks over some slightly tired Assos bibs)
  • Jay76
    Jay76 Posts: 58
    Endura Hummvee's are £45 I think. Worth every penny though, Im on my second pair.

I just ordered a pair of these after your recommendation, hope thay are good! My MMA shorts are falling apart now I am riding in them.
    **2011 Cove Stiffee**