lidl`s cycling offers

tonycar
tonycar Posts: 13
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
hi all....to those who may be interested Lidl`s will be selling there cycling gear again from thursday 11th july i`ve heard that some of there stuff is of pretty good quality. i purchases the tool kit that fits under the saddle last time they had there offers and found it to be very good quality and a steal for £4.99 my son had previously purchased one elsewhere, paying £13 and it was`nt as good.
there selling workstands this time as well £30.00......has anyone bought one of these previously from lidl`s ? are they any good?

tony

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    I bought one of the work stands a while ago. I think it was £25 then not £30.

Works fine, does the job nicely. Never realised how useful a stand was until I bought one.

Only downside with the Lidl one is that it has 4 legs. If it had 3, it wouldn't wobble as much on the wonky paving slabs. Nothing I can't live with though, especially for the price of it.
  • Dezcore
    Dezcore Posts: 34
    Have generally found the stuff to be quite good, happy with most of my purchases except for the small track pump where the guage didn't work but they exchanged it quick enough.
  • tonycar
    tonycar Posts: 13
    going to pop in there on thursday, may well invest in a workstand and some gell gloves
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    I got a work stand from Aldi on Sunday and for 30 quid it's very good, I've got a mate that has a
    Park Tools PS9 ???? and I would say the Aldi one is as good. By the way the Aldi stand has five legs.....
  • IanRCarter
    IanRCarter Posts: 217
    I bought a workstand off Amazon, cost around £40 and the pictures of the Lidl and Aldi ones look pretty much identical apart from the fact mine has quick release and theirs don't. It's probably made in the same factory, and it seems to be very good. I'm happy I went for a quick release one though, getting the bike in is quick and easy, no putting it in and having to hold it whilst turning the knob to clamp it.

Aldi had their cycling stuff in on Sunday. Went in yesterday and bought a pump and a tool kit. Both seem good quality and value. I'd recommend stocking up on the gloves and socks, they're great value and I doubt you'd notice much difference over more expensive gloves and socks.

Going to buy a pair of the tights from Lidl for when it's a bit cooler. Anybody know how big the jacket is folded? It says it folds down into a pocket on the back, not sure if that means it will be small enough to fit into a jersey pocket.
  • The stand is excellent - heavy to move around but really stable. Its been posted a few times before and the consensus is always that's its great.