Personal message to Andy Murray

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
edited July 2013 in The bottom bracket
From the the queen.

Just confirms that tennis is a sport the "knobs" look upon as one of theirs.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Yeah. It's not like a British tour winner would ever get knighted.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Didn't get a personal message from Liz. Not that I really give a sh1t, I'm a republican.

On the ladder of sporting achievement Wiggo's win shades (if not knocks winning Wimbledon) into a cocked hat. But cycling is a working class sport and the head of British cycling isn't prince Michael of Kent.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • johnnymcg259
    johnnymcg259 Posts: 569
    I wish he'd play a final every Sunday afternoon at Wimbledon tbh............I was out on my bike and there was nack all traffic. Bliss!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    From the the queen.

That's nice. I wonder what Ballysmate said.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    She's probably afraid to congratulate Wayne Rooney on his achievements as he might take it as an invitation for sex.

Seriously though, I'd be more disturbed by personal congrats to Wiggins rather than not...I'm ok with royalty not understanding or caring for cycling, it reassures me that I'm doing something right in this world.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    The Queen mentioned Wiggo in her talk about the olympic games.
    Im a big fan of the royals, they do a lot for us "normal folk"
    Living MY dream.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    seanoconn wrote:
    From the the queen.

I said to Her Majesty, 'Look Your Maj ( She allows me to be familiar) we have all got this Murray fella wrong. Apparently he is not dour at all, he just pretends to be. I know this is true because someone on BR said so. In reality, he is known for his dazzling wit and sparkling repartee. Perhaps if you curry favour with him, he will help you with your dreary Christmas speech. If he won't write it, perhaps he could give you a few of his famous one liners or let you have a few of his jokes. You never know, perhaps a funny Christmas speech would help to bring the folks from The People's Democratic Republic of Hucknall onside, and they would recognise you as being their Liege and Big Ears as your heir?'
    God Save The Queen!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    Ballysmate wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    From the the queen.

I said to Her Majesty, 'Look Your Maj ( She allows me to be familiar) we have all got this Murray fella wrong. Apparently he is not dour at all, he just pretends to be. I know this is true because someone on BR said so. In reality, he is known for his dazzling wit and sparkling repartee. Perhaps if you curry favour with him, he will help you with your dreary Christmas speech. If he won't write it, perhaps he could give you a few of his famous one liners or let you have a few of his jokes. You never know, perhaps a funny Christmas speech would help to bring the folks from The People's Democratic Republic of Hucknall onside, and they would recognise you as being their Liege and Big Ears as your heir?'
    God Save The Queen!
    That's great Bally.... But I meant you were the Queen :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    I know you did, Sean, but I couldn't resist a little jest.
    If I had sent the message it would not have been along the lines of 'We are/are not amused'.
    It would have been,'We are totally indifferent'.
    I share Mattc59's interest in tennis, and I too enjoyed a siesta after along ride rather than watch the tennis.
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    I guess the irony of it all, is when he wins SPOTY :?
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Which he will walk this year with 99.99% of the vote. And all for playing a children's game .........
  • ballysmate
    essjaydee wrote:
    I guess the irony of it all, is when he wins SPOTY :?

You're right. It really is a misnomer.
  • usedtobefast
    usedtobefast Posts: 145
    Credit where credits due.

We chose to immerse ourselves in a different sport but that doesn't take anything away from the hours and hours of practice, fitness work and motivation it has taken him to win the biggest target in his chosen sport and also in the life path he has chosen.

Personally I thought Murray was going to get his arse kicked in the final considering Dojvik (I can never spell the bloody name) demolished every opponent during the 2 week tournament not losing a single set. Hats off to Murray he performed at his best when it counted most.

Now back to a proper sport ....

Yesterdays TdF stage was great but Movistar missed a great opportunity.
    Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • Yossie
    VTech wrote:

Dude - we never, ever want to hear you describe yourself as "normal" - to us all here at BR you are definitely very special.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,620
    From the the queen.

Just confirms that tennis is a sport the "knobs" look upon as one of theirs.
    I don't get the chip on the shoulder about this.

Footy is hardly a posh nobs sport but if England win the World Cup they'll sure as hell get messages from Queeny. Plus tennis is a shed load cheaper than cycling, just buy a racket and a few balls then head down the local municipal courts.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Yossie
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Footy is hardly a posh nobs sport but if England win the World Cup they'll sure as hell get messages from Queeny. Plus tennis is a shed load cheaper than cycling, just buy a racket and a few balls then head down the local municipal courts.

They may get messages from Queeny but they won't be able to read them .......
  • VTech
    Yossie wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Dude - we never, ever want to hear you describe yourself as "normal" - to us all here at BR you are definitely very special.

I've never thought of myself as special. But thank you. :)
    Living MY dream.
  • pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    VTech wrote:
    Clearly hoodwinking being one of the things they do........
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Plus tennis is a shed load cheaper than cycling, just buy a racket and a few balls then head down the local municipal courts.

You can't ride a tennis racket to school/work though.
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Plus tennis is a shed load cheaper than cycling, just buy a racket and a few balls then head down the local municipal courts.

You can't ride a tennis racket to school/work though.
    My wife gets around on a big but slightly worn looking tennis racket just fine - oh hang on, that's a broomstick...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Yossie
    Is your wife my mother in law? She has a broomstick as well.
  • ballysmate
    Yossie wrote:

Are you Les Dawson? :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Yossie wrote:
    They seem to be very common amongst married women. I want to get one of those bumper stickers for her car that says 'My other car is a broomstick'.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    They seem to be very common amongst married women. I want to get one of those bumper stickers for her car that says 'My other car is a broomstick'.
    Constructive divorce? :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • VTech
    Watching ITV yesterday morning before work and they had a survey that 2 in 5 married woman had had an affair and 2 in 5 would leave said husband if financial security could be guaranteed.

Quite scary that whilst almost half of us here are reading this thread, the wife's are in fact lying under younger or better versions of us :)
    Living MY dream.
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Mine's not, she's lying under the patio. :wink:
  • ballysmate
    VTech wrote:
    Watching ITV yesterday morning before work and they had a survey that 2 in 5 married woman had had an affair and 2 in 5 would leave said husband if financial security could be guaranteed.

Quite scary that whilst almost half of us here are reading this thread, the wife's are in fact lying under younger or better versions of us :)

What? A supercharged remapped VTech?
    That would be a remarkable addition to the forum. :lol:
  • VTech
    Ballysmate wrote:
    VTech wrote:

What? A supercharged remapped VTech?
    That would be a remarkable addition to the forum. :lol:

To be honest, it never fails to amaze me at why she has hung around so long :)
    Living MY dream.
  • Yossie
    And we're still waiting for pictures of her norks.....
  • Stevo_666
    daviesee wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    Constructive divorce? :wink:
    One can only hope....

But sometimes honesty is the best policy :mrgreen: