Sean Yates

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited July 2013 in Pro race
how much skag as he actually had

Comments

• kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Thought as much myself! Must be someone else they could get in. Isn't Brad free?
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Impossible to understand, and I hope that's not a Lanceband he's got round his wrist - I already thought he was a t*sser but this would make him even more so.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    He has a serious heart condition which causes him to slur his words.
  • Turfle wrote:

you can prove anything with facts :)
  • Turfle wrote:

can you be more specific - has he had a stroke?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    Turfle wrote:

can you be more specific - has he had a stroke?

I don't think he's ever been specific about it in public. I know he was unable to ride his bike for years because of it. I'm sure someone in here will know more about it than me.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    I don't wish ill health on anybody.

That said, I'm not interested in what any Armstrong apologists have to say (especially British ones that chose to walk away from the sport and lie through their teeth rather than fess up and stick it out and give something back) so I still don't think he should be on my telly.
  • I don't wish ill health on anybody.

to be clear +1
  • That Bob Roll book put me off the lot of them
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Turfle wrote:
    I don't think he's ever been specific about it in public. I know he was unable to ride his bike for years because of it. I'm sure someone in here will know more about it than me.
    Can't say I do but I knew him in 1979/80 and he sounds much the same today.
    You will always make a mistake if you under estimate him from that voice.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    Being objective, I have enjoyed SY's analysis this weekend. Pretty much spot on in all he said and not afraid (book exclusives apart) to speak his mind.

The Livestrong wristband is however a bit like someone wearing an 'I Love Jimmy Saville' badge though.
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Well, the fact is that Yates and Lance have always been friends, right back to Lance joining Motorola as a cocky upstart kid put in his place by the grizzled veteran, Yates. Yates taught him to descend, and Lance always used to insist on sharing a room with Yates and pester him to tell him all of his racing stories over and over again. He was that rare thing - someone Lance actually respected and looked up to.

Yates friendship with Lance hasnt been binned. I suspect wearing the bracelet on the ES show was as much a FU as anything.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I still say he's Albert Lee!
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    I met him and had a brief chat at the recent Enigma Open Day.

He had done a TT that morning. Rather than use a power meter, he has to gauge his effort to suit his pacemaker!
    Half man, Half bike
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    He does look like an advert for why doing a f--kt0n of PEDS and then riding into wind on the front for 500,000km is probably not a good idea
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    I thought he still looked good physically. A real race snake (c)
    Half man, Half bike