Another boring first 50 miler :-)

cattytown
cattytown Posts: 647
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
Went out to southport and back. Had breakfast then set out. The on road fuel consumption was two bananas and a couple of gels.

http://app.strava.com/activities/65097265

Overall felt good, and a couple of strava PRs when I already had 50 miles on my legs. Had planned 56, but a couple of wrong turns took it up to nearer 58. and I was back in time to see the end of today's stage of the TdF.

Now I need to start trying to build speed as well...

Currently rather pleased with myself!

Paul.
Giant Defy 2
Large bloke getting smaller :-)

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Well done dude. Keep at it.
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    Nice one mate.And what a stunning day to do it on. :D
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Brilliant - well done - nice route too, i'll borrow some of that - I don't know anyone who hasnt been lost in chorley :lol:

Did you not fancy a cafe stop in this weather
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • cattytown
    Thanks guys. I did fancy a stop, but as it was a plan to boost confidence ahead of the Manchester to Blackpool next week I really wanted minimal stops. I had to speak to my wife to tell her how to get the satnav off the windscreen, and I have a little bogey point where I seem to need to stop no matter what distance I have done so I stopped longer than I would have liked.

I do like returning home down the A6. It's not a particularly nice ride but the landmarks come thick and fast and the last three miles or so are down hill :-)

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Nice ride and well done,cant see why its boring though.Cracking ride.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • cattytown
    Boring is just a reference to the number of people managing it :-)

I think the number of people getting out and improving their fitness in this way is great.

P.
    Giant Defy 2
  • Cleat Eastwood
    cattytown wrote:
    Boring is just a reference to the number of people managing it :-)

I think the number of people getting out and improving their fitness in this way is great.

P.

I'm doing the manc blackpool next week too - its a great ride - that'll stand you in good stead.
  • cattytown
    Cool - what time are you planning to start? I am aiming to be riding before 7.

You done it before?

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    well done, good route and respectable time in this heat!
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Setting off at 10 past 8 I think.

Done it a few times - apart from a drag up by haigh hall its flat - and a the finish is great heading along the prom to huge crowd - really is good fun. I'm thinking of riding back this year to make it a ton :-)
  • cattytown
    Cool - ta. Unless they have found a really interesting approach to Haigh I should be fine as that's very close to home. I often grumble there's nowhere flat around here :-)

Planning to keep this week light, so I might just have a pootle around Haigh.

P.
    Giant Defy 2
  • Jon_1976
    Jon_1976 Posts: 690
    Well done :D
  • Dezcore
    Dezcore Posts: 34
    Nice one, recently done Luss (Alexandria) to ml2 8pa. 50+ miles with a few accidental detours and it was a milestone! :)