fox striker helmet size

freeride-mike
freeride-mike Posts: 553
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
hi all im goin to be buying a fox striker helmet but im a bit unsure of the size to go for there sizes are S/M 54-58cm
and L/XL 59-63cm.. my head is 58cm and i'll be ordering it online so no trying it on 1st, i just wondered if any1 had this helmet and could let me know if its a snug fit or quite loose in size?? im leaning towards the L/XL because they have the colour i prefer :) and at @ 50% off they wont be getting anymore in stock

cheers mike
CUBE ltd 2012,reba sl, XT, saint, DMR, spank, current xc/am ride

GIANT boulder, marzzochi EXR, LX/alivio, DMR, spank, retro build

Comments

• jsync
    jsync Posts: 120
    At 58 / 59 cm I tried a S/M and it was fine, although it didn't fit my head shape (too mushroomy and a little loose at the sides) so I went for a M Giro Feature. For reference that's coming from a M Specialized Tactic.
  • ok thanks for the advice.. just checked and the only S/M they have left is the colour i dont want typical :( i also looked at the sixsixone recon but its a fare bit more ££

• ncn
    ncn Posts: 123
    Just for info, but under distance selling regulations you can send back whatever you within 14 days usually and get a different size/style. Crc allow 12 months providing it is in brand new condition.

So just buy it and if its not right send it back. Or buy both and return the other if you don't want to wait :)
  • ncn wrote:
    So just buy it and if its not right send it back. Or buy both and return the other if you don't want to wait :)

that sir is a great idea!! :D

• ncn
    ncn Posts: 123
    Also I bought the recon recently and I really like it, fits well and I like the matt finish. It is nearly identical to my buddies fox flux except the rear vent area.
  • i do like the recon and especially the flux but couldnt get it for less than £68 in the right size and colour so ive just ordered the striker for £43 delivered :wink:

• swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    You might be best to try the large the extra room you could wear a helmet liner in winter
  • good point dude didnt think of that :)

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    swod1 wrote:
    You might be best to try the large the extra room you could wear a helmet liner in winter
    Seriously?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • swod1 wrote:

i did order the large in the end.. i'll see how it fits my current bell helmet is 55-63cm and it felt a little too snug

• daisbuys
    daisbuys Posts: 167
    Just bumping this old thread to see what the outcome is with the fitment?

As I'm also a 58-59 so not sure which size to get....
  • SUPERSUTT
    SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
    try before you buy,every make and model differ so much its not worth the risk you only get one head so look after it
    falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
    FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
    HT Merlin Malt one (sold)
  • daisbuys
    daisbuys Posts: 167
    SUPERSUTT wrote:
    try before you buy,every make and model differ so much its not worth the risk you only get one head so look after it

Would love to try first but none in my lbs sadly :(

And I know we only get one noggin and am straight in the market for a new helmet after having an off head first where my fox flux took a smash which ended up cracked across the front and visor ripped off, so in the bin with that one.

Quite fancy a MIPS helmet but I want to combine one helemt with a road bike and MTB. And I see the striker with it's removeable visor as the best suited for me....visor off for the road and back on for MTB.