TDF Stage 8 *Spoiler* Castres - AX 3 Domaines

Comments

• disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Big night Sean? :wink:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Virenque isn't a tosser, he was a good rider in a dirty era. So a bit like Miller and Yates then.

Clearly you didnt see his behaviour during the Festina Affair!
    www.dotcycling.com
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Man with a broken pelvis on the front. :shock:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • above_the_cows
    Sky's new signing.

178822_1_zps6968216b.jpg
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    They just showed a bit of film of a marmotte scurrying about in the grass. Wonder why....

I should have added a marmotte to my I Spy list.

We had Richard Virenque on Dutch Eurosport. Frenchie might have something to say about his tattoos. :shock:

I should have added, 'drug addled French twunt' to my list.

Frenchie may be a lot of things, but there is no evidence he doped.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • above_the_cows
    I'm getting excited for my holiday! I love this part of France. :D
  • disgruntledgoat
    "They start climbing and don't stop until they get to the top"

Thanks Carlton
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    edited July 2013
    Those tree covered hills and clear blue skies... very much how I remember it.

Screenshot2013-07-06at133110_zps62b7b8ec.png~original
    Screenshot2013-07-06at133121_zps2f9c3d08.png~original
  • Le Commentateur
    Breakaway down to 5:45 at the intermediate sprint. They'll be caught on the Pailheres.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    RichN95 wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:
    Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to when (in GMT/BST) they will likely be reaching the foot of the Col de Pailhères? I'm going to a BBQ at a non-cycling mates house and ideally would like to time my rude request to go inside and watch the telly perfectly.
    It's about 65km away so about an hour and a half - around 1.30, maybe a bit later. Let's say 1.45. 2 o'clock and you won't miss anything.
    I would like to apologise for my lousy calculations earlier. I looked at the Tour Tracker to see how long there was to go and didn't realise it was in imperial, not metric. (90mi to go at the time, not 90km)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    If TJVG has to wait for Evans today I will be very annoyed.
  • Le Commentateur
    edited July 2013
    About another 30–40 minutes before the climb. They're in the gorge running towards it now.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Where the hell is Harmon? Not only do we have to listen to Kirby all day today but we've got this other idiot doing his job... :evil:
  • mooro
    mooro Posts: 483
    nice shots of a castle (scrolls back up to ATC's check list)....

right, have to take the kids out now, and succumb to the daily routine of avoiding the web until after tea then watching the whole stage and then catching up with the shizzle on here...
  • above_the_cows
    Lots of castles around these parts. This was Cathar country and almost every hill top had a castle. Some of them beggar belief as to how they built them and the sheer logistics of having to haul water and supplies up from the valleys below.

I didn't add castles to my list as there are so many of them, it is too easy.

I know these roads quite well and will be riding them again in just over a month. Very excited! :D
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Sean Yates has no shame - just heard him plug his new book.....you will have to wait for the answer when it comes out. right better fast forward to the action.
  • Le Commentateur
    60kms to go. Breakaway 4:15 up, lost 40 seconds in the last 5kms.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Greipel on domestique duty again today.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    ITV 4 is comedy with Phil and Steve doing the 50/50 US/British broadcast:

"You don't want to blow your engine in the first half of the Indy 500" Terrific, bike racing explained!

So, how many football fields long is today's stage?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Le Commentateur
    About 10km to go to the Port de Pailhères.

Breakaway 3:55 up. Reckon they'll start the climb with about a 2min gap.
  • Le Commentateur
    Or maybe not – just lost 20 secs in that last km: 3:34.
  • disgruntledgoat

I know these roads quite well and will be riding them again in just over a month. Very excited! :D

Last week of August for me.

@gietvangent
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    ITV 4 is comedy with Phil and Steve doing the 50/50 US/British broadcast:

"You don't want to blow your engine in the first half of the Indy 500" Terrific, bike racing explained!

So, how many football fields long is today's stage?

Is "Team" Sherwin calling every squad with TEAM in front of it. The Chuckle Brother's still spouting the same shyte.... at least Alan Partridge's tour commentary is Funny.
  • above_the_cows
    I think this is Gesse the peloton have just gone through. About 10k until they hit the climb proper.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,562
    afx237vi wrote:
    If TJVG has to wait for Evans today I will be very annoyed.

Evans has shown more form recently, so I don't think it is likely.

I agree with your sentiment though.
  • above_the_cows
    Did Carlton really just say that commercial aircraft operate below 2,000m? :shock:

Well d'uh. They do have to land, often at sea level and if its Schiphol, below sea level. Honestly Carlton. :lol:
  • disgruntledgoat
    Peloton are absolutely gassing it here. What the heck are Belkin doing up there?!

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    AG2R rider playing that Hoogerland attack beautifully. Everybody but him put in an effort there.

@gietvangent
  • above_the_cows
    Here we go!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Sean sounds how I feel! Christ I feel bad today....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver