Strava problem

andy9964
andy9964 Posts: 930
edited July 2013 in Commuting chat
Im posting this here, as the problem relates to commute rides.

Anyway. I have 10 commutes this week, that I recorded with Endomondo on my android phone. I then extracted the .gpx data and uploaded it to Strava (using Exportomondo and laptop)
However, when the files have uploaded, Strava tells me there's loads of duplicates - 6 of them, only leaving me with four rides uploaded.
I've tried changing the file name slightly, but they still won't upload
Being a commute, they are all similar journey times and routes, but obviously not identical in every datail - ride times and duration. Could the fact that the course plotted is causing it to think they are duplicates?

Any suggestions how to get the missing six rides included

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Strava should work out they are not duplicates from the date and time in the .gpx file. If you open the .gpx file in notepad you will be able to see the dates and times for each point on the route, maybe when you exported the .gpx it didn't include the dates?

This week Strava seemed to lock out 3rd party app developers which meant I couldn't upload straight from IPbike. The workaround is to export the track to a .fit file, then email to uploads@strava.com (from your phone or by downloading the file to your laptop). You could always try that method: I think Endomondo can export to .fit files.
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Aah, didn't know you could open them in notepad, I'll have a crack at that and try some changes.

Cheers