Pain

Kowalski675
Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
edited July 2013 in MTB general
Tonight's top tip is don't flip a stood up wheelie and land heavily flat on your back on tarmac with your bike on top of you (and smacking your knee in the process). It hurts. Quite a lot. Luckily nobody saw me laid in the road under the bike for five minutes groaning like a wounded animal and gasping for breath, lol...

Comments

• My tip.the stubby little bar ends on ergon grips and chain link fences are like magnets.managed to catch bar in said fence, I got thrown off but did manage a spectacular roll ( into nettles) .grazes, nettle rash, and torn clothes.

Went to repeat my exploits today only to find a puncture. :x
  • bazza333
    bazza333 Posts: 86
    Top tip.......when descending any steep hill quickly make sure the Basingstoke Canal isn't at the bottom of it. Considerable pain to my pride
  • Kowalski675
    Today, I am mostly being sore.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I trapped my crackers against the saddle last week.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Dont assume that path you rode down last week isnt now blocked with nettles just around the corner
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Fell off again on thursday lol, front wheel went sideways, pedal straight down my thigh. They always sting!
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    stubs wrote:
    Dont assume that path you rode down last week isnt now blocked with nettles just around the corner
    +1

If only I read this post before today...
  • stubs
    stubs wrote:
    +1

If only I read this post before today...

They are particulary vicious this year my shins are still throbbing.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    very, very dead leg today. One of those ones that's gonna go multi-coloured in a couple of days. Big fast turn, too fast, panicked, locked front brake, front wheel washed out, OTB, leg, rock, rock, leg

Managed to make it down and pedal home (in 33ºC, uphill on a downhill bike) but very sore now..still got hopes of going tomorrow though. Always the optimist :D
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • stubs
    Ice ice baby. Lots of it one of those big bags you can get from the supermarket will do.
  • WindyG
    WindyG Posts: 1,099
    I've been off my MTB's for a week now after having a stupid crash, leant over too far on a fast corner front lost grip and I slid along the ground, cuts all down one leg and thumb bent back and badly bruised and I can't change gear :-( I should know by now not to take corners like that.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Really hurt my palm when I came off on a ride today onto rocks ... it always the slow ones that hurt the most! And not long after, I got attacked by a dog ... wasn't my funnest ride ever!
  • Kowalski675
    No riding for me today. My back was worse than yesterday when I woke up, but after an afternoon snooze it's improved quite a bit. Would've been a damn hot day for pedalling.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    In my years mountain biking I have broken arms, collar bones, ribs and fingers but none of those injuries even come close to the pain of spending more than an hour on my road bike saddle. So painful I want to hack off my own plums with a chain saw.
  • Tom Barton
    Tom Barton Posts: 516
    In my years mountain biking I have broken arms, collar bones, ribs and fingers but none of those injuries even come close to the pain of spending more than an hour on my road bike saddle. So painful I want to hack off my own plums with a chain saw.

*Shudders* - I think I'll use that as part of my now long excuse to stay firmly planted on my mountain bike and never stray to the lycraside...
  • Dub L
    Dub L Posts: 62
    Had quite a bad crash today up Glyncorrwg. I faceplanted a rock, tooth went through my lip and cracked, disclocated my thumb and cracked a few ribs. I am feeling very sorry for myself :(
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Tom Barton wrote:

*Shudders* - I think I'll use that as part of my now long excuse to stay firmly planted on my mountain bike and never stray to the lycraside...

I only ride road to commute, its so dull that to be honest a bit of pain at least helps with the boredom of just over an hour spinning cranks and doing nothing interesting.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    its so dull that to be honest a bit of pain at least helps with the boredom

:lol:

I rode the Session to the local lift on Saturday (along the road) and there's a couple of little climbs. I was thinking exactly the same thing - if it wasn't for the fact I was riding a 16.6kg DH bike, in the sun with a lowest gear of 34x25 this would be boring as...

(leg's a lot better - hopefully be back out tomorrow for a last little blast before the Mega)
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I hurt my toes on the push ups at chicksands yesterday. That's real pain
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I still keep forgetting I now have 750mm bars.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    don't flip a stood up wheelie and land heavily flat on your back on tarmac with your bike on top of you (and smacking your knee in the process).
    Glad you said that, I was literally about to try it over lunch break.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I grazed my nipple in a crash racing at moelfre last summer, that bloody hurt!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Kowalski675
    don't flip a stood up wheelie and land heavily flat on your back on tarmac with your bike on top of you (and smacking your knee in the process).
    Glad you said that, I was literally about to try it over lunch break.

Glad to have been of some use - public service broadcasting at its best, lol.

Really, really don't try it with an engine between the wheels though - that gets properly expensive (but is quite an exciting spectacle to watch, lol):

scan0028_zps27e77e76.jpg

scan0030_zps2d8dc23f.jpg