Annoyed with the TdF spoiler on the front page!

craker
craker Posts: 1,739
I've been keeping away from the sporting news prior to watching the highlights... logon to BR and the bloomin' front page gives it away. How about changing your editorial policy so folks like me don't get irate?

Comments

• AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    This has to be trolling.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • u05harrisb
    u05harrisb Posts: 531
    :mrgreen: :roll: :lol: :oops: :twisted: on the off chance this is actually serious. The home page shows the latest stuff, obviously the tour is quite important as bike news goes eyh :lol:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    nicklouse wrote:
    every year it is the same.

Then maybe have the log on screen not show the front page so users can log in without finding out the result.

No?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nicklouse wrote:

Then maybe have the log on screen not show the front page so users can log in without finding out the result.

No?
    Or have your settings to "remember me" or what ever it is. Then there is no need to log in or visit the home page.

No?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    nicklouse wrote:
    nicklouse wrote:

No?
    Or have your settings to "remember me" or what ever it is. Then there is no need to log in or visit the home page.

No?

Maybe logging in and visiting the home page shouldn't have to be the same thing. From memory it wasn't like that before the post site collapse 'upgrade'

Maybe I don't want your website remembering me.

Maybe every response you make doesn't have to be blunt to the point of rudeness.

No?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    I would have thought Future would rather have us all visiting the front page rather than jumping straight to the forums, after all there's tons more adverts there.

And I wonder how many people rely on this website for their TdF results fix? I tend to go to the BBC for big events (and squint like mad if I'm trying not to see how a certain event went).

Anyway, am suitably chastened.
  • gavbarron
    gavbarron Posts: 824
    So you were trying to avoid the details of today's stage of the worlds biggest cycling event and went onto a cycling website.
    Yep, definitely their fault for you finding out what happened.
    In future, stay off the Internet if it bothers you that much