Discount on Boardman

boyse7en
boyse7en Posts: 59
edited July 2013 in MTB buying advice
I've pretty much decided to get a Boardman Comp MTB.

Tried one out and the assistant gave me a leaflet giving 10% off if I donate an old bike to Bikes for Africa charity from 11-16 July

Now, in the shop, the Comp is £649. Online it is currently £584. It says on the leaflet that to get the 10% off I can reserve online and pay in store.

But, if I order now it says collection from Sat 6th (too early for the 10% offer). Does anyone know how long they will reserve the bike instore for ie, if I don't collect Saturday, when would they cancel the sale?

Comments

• thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    Don't mean to be condescending but why don't you ask them?
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • boyse7en
    boyse7en Posts: 59
    Would do but he gave me the leaflet as I left the store and I didn't read it until I got home.

Now 20 miles away from store and don't really want to do the trip if I can get away without it :-)
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    use the telephone then?
  • eshaq786
    eshaq786 Posts: 13
    they can reserve for up to a week but you need to reserve online first then phone them.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    jairaj wrote:
    use the telephone then?
    Seriously? You use your phone to phone people?
    How quaint.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    They'll hold it a few days, as long as you speak to them. When I reserved mine online (couple of weeks ago) they phoned me to ask when I wanted to collect it, so they knew when to build it (they didn't want it hanging around built, risking getting scratched).