Chavenal Fined for eating

woody1545
woody1545 Posts: 322
edited July 2013 in Pro race
Chavenal fined for "eating in a way that damaged the image of cycling".

What did he do to deserve his 100 Swiss Franc Fine?

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,920
    Probably a sticky bottle or sticky gels. His DS got fined as well.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Pepperoni pizza delivered by motorcycle?
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,583
    Or taking on a bottle / food inside final 20k.
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    Wasn't it throwing a gel wrapper away outside the prescribed zone?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    There was some analysis of this on the stage comments - stage 6 was it? including a look at local cycling jerseys that carries a no littering message [interesting].

Why is the fine in Swiss francs?
  • gavbarron
    gavbarron Posts: 824
    The UCI is based in Switzerland and therefore it collects money in Swiss Francs
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I also heard it was for the use of the "Sticky Bottle". But then Cav gets away with using the team car to get drafted back to the bunch yesterday (before moving up through the other cars). Selective enforcement of the rules I guess.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Bo Duke wrote:

How cool would that be to see a pizza boy pull up beside the peleton hollering 'who ordered the double pepperoni deep pan?'
  • hasbeen
    hasbeen Posts: 41
    Bo Duke wrote:

Motoman style? :wink:
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,399
    Maybe that should become a last day tradition alongside the champers! :D
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    He ate a banana suggestively, then winked at Prudhomme
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Apparently it was because he had red wine with fish at the team dinner.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pokerface wrote:
    I also heard it was for the use of the "Sticky Bottle". But then Cav gets away with using the team car to get drafted back to the bunch yesterday (before moving up through the other cars). Selective enforcement of the rules I guess.

My understanding has always been that this is considered ok if he's out the back as a result of a crash, particularly if it's one of the favourites for the stage/GC.

A lot of the rules do seem to be more like guidelines when dictated by tradition!
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

How cool would that be to see a pizza boy pull up beside the peloton hollering 'who ordered the double pepperoni deep pan?'
    Deffo but only a Brit would order a deep pan.

There's an ultra marathon runner who claims to be the only person to have eaten a full size pizza whilst on the go.
    God loves a challenge........ :twisted:
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • gavbarron
    gavbarron Posts: 824
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    There's an ultra marathon runner who claims to be the only person to have eaten a full size pizza whilst on the go.

Make that 2 ;o)
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Bo Duke wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Bo Duke wrote:

How cool would that be to see a pizza boy pull up beside the peloton hollering 'who ordered the double pepperoni deep pan?'
    Deffo but only a Brit would order a deep pan.

A Yank would too.

I don't get why anyone would order a Deep Pan pizza, just far too doughy. Thin crust with buffalo mozza, pineapple, mushrooms, onion hot chillies and pesto. Yum.
  • Biffcp
    Biffcp Posts: 813
    He used a soup spoon for his dessert. Unforgivable. SF100 is not nearly enough.

<i>Rarer than a one-liner by Howard Peel</i>
  • Squaggles
    Squaggles Posts: 875
    Joelsim wrote:

I don't get why anyone would order a Deep Pan pizza, just far too doughy. Thin crust with buffalo mozza, pineapple, mushrooms, onion hot chillies and pesto. Yum.

Only to soak up the alcohol , kebab first

Thin crust yes but not too sure about pineapple on a pizza , think that breaks all the rules
    The UCI are Clowns and Fools
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    RichN95 wrote:
    Apparently it was because he had red wine with fish at the team dinner.

It must be something to do with living in Wales, Rich, but when I saw the thread, I entered to post exactly this, almost word for word. :shock: :lol: (or maybe it has more to do with living in France...........)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Something to do with stinky cheese on a team bus I was told...