Fun-Filled Friday!!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Sounds like it's going to be a pretty decent weekend! Have to get through today first though.
Nothing much happening at work, but I have a doctors appointment afterwards, I must remember to pee in a jar!

Then back to Bury, where I'm off to look at cars. Sadly they're Vauxhall's, and after my current cars disastrous life, I don't think I'm interested in even a brand new one. Plus I can't afford one.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Morning

Shoot sleep last night, which was a surprise after expelling all my energy on my commute home. Had agreed to look after the rug rats at 8 pm and was still at work at 18:20, therefore a flat out ride on the single speed ensued. New record of av speed of 20.5mph including crossing Chester was achieved, recognise this is the wrong forum for that news :)

In proper cruddie news today is excel followed by the pub
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'Ning
    Day off for me, so a bunch of house related chores and packing, followed by a trip to either Swinley or FOD (haven't decided yet) followed by a trip to Bryn Bettws where I'm meeting some mates for a couple of days of riding at Afan.
    Better make the most of it as this is my only work free weekend this month..

Kisses
    FoxC
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Off to Tamworth for a meeting then straight back to Notts for another.

Yawn
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Cracking fine morning and less than four hours work left.

A three hour badminton session this afternoon then pub time to get H'd.

Biking weekend ahead and tennis on Saturday evening.

Later......
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Got H'd last night, got asked to be best man at a wedding, I think I said yes.

Today is fixing the cousin's shonky bike for her pre Oz. The highlights will include bleeding the worst pair of juicy 5s in the world, shouldn't take too long but I hate brake fluid with a passion.

TTFN
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Got H'd last night, got asked to be best man at a wedding, I think I said yes.
    Awesome, good for you.

Nice weather today, probally get out on the bike tonight. Chicksands tomorrow, so that should be good.
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Maiden voyage on the nukeproof last night was interesting. Trails were a total bog, but it still felt very quick. Absolute nightmare grinding up the hills on it though!

Two hours in work left, then off to get pissed for the weekend in Exmoor at the Mondraker Gravity Enduro. Huzzah!
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    foxc_uk wrote:
    'Ning
    Day off for me, so a bunch of house related chores and packing, followed by a trip to either Swinley or FOD (haven't decided yet) followed by a trip to Bryn Bettws where I'm meeting some mates for a couple of days of riding at Afan.

Can you report back on Bryn Bettws, as has been mentioned a million times its the end location for CC2CC, ta. I mean its hard to get a feel for the place peering in through your slightly unclosed curtains.

Morning Scuttlers

nothing fun about today, a ten hour shift, preceeded by a gym sesh to warm up for tomorrow's Kaiser Challenge.

end of transmission
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work bleurgh. TTIF as I am losing my patience with this week.

Housemates are off to see Robbie this evening so nice quiet house for a change.

Home tomorrow for riding in the FOD to see if I can anymore or have become a total wimp. Gotta pick up the new bank card from the parentals on the way and have a bridesmaid dresses debate again. The fabric we had all chosen is out of stock so we have had to go back to the drawing board and are getting something that bridezilla vetoed previously. What she doesn't know wont hurt her is my current view.

Sunday the Grandmothership has booked me for the entire day for driving tractors as they mowed for hay yesterday. So on what is possibly going to be the best day of the year so far I am going to be sat on an antiquated tractor with no doors or windows (this is my uncles version of air conditioning), tedding out grass to dry. Basically stirring up dust and getting covered in it as it will be so hot. All the other grandchildren get out of this as they have hayfever/allergies. Wimps. I can't tell my boss this as last time I drove a tractor I jumped off and broke my foot. :)
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hola troops,

I now have curry...

Ride all weekend and try not to kill my house mates. simples

laters
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Bank holiday on the Isle of Man. Yeah Bltches!

Leisurely breakfast, quick trip to the shops, now about to go sit out in the garden and get drunk off my ass.

No riding, it's lighthouses challenge on Sunday.

Still plenty of time left to donate. Cardiomyopathy can fcuk off!
    http://www.justgiving.com/Matthew-Beastall
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    mmmm ice cream....
  • fat_homer
    fat_homer Posts: 470
    Hola, easy afternoon for me after a morning chucking paperwork out.

Take away pizza and a film tonight, Cannock either Saturday or Sunday and fingers crossed a trip to the peaks the other day.
    Gazlar wrote:
    Can you report back on Bryn Bettws, as has been mentioned a million times its the end location for CC2CC, ta. I mean its hard to get a feel for the place peering in through your slightly unclosed curtains.
    I stayed in the lodge 5-6 weeks ago, cheap and clean but nothing special. Good hearty food as well and a well stocked bar!

Peace out 8)
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Well, 1 bike given a proper good service, while bleeding the brakes I kind of noticed a lot of things that needed sorting. Then I couldn't resist clearing out the shed and reorganising it and putting a few shelves up and hooks in there, then sorting out all my spare tools, then having a fettle with my 3 to make up to scratch for the start of the summer.

Only been outside since 8.30 this morning, without a top on. I'm now glowing red. Hopefully I'll start to tan over the next couple of days and start to even out my nice crisp roadie lycra lines :D
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Spent a good chunk of the day on shoot motorways! Finally got home and fired up the gas barby! Put that blazing inferno out and went old skule! Charcoal is the future!!

Mrs 13 has finally got the engagement ring i should have got her twenty odd years ago! Still good smarty points and the chance of an M32 ;-)
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    Evening Spazwangles,

Another long day at work followed by a hot & sweaty ride home getting gassed by buses so I am now treating myself by getting half H'd on JD and downloading some games onto my new smartypants phone. Tomorrow the ankle biter will be out for the day so peace will reign :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]