Anodising removed

Justlearning1965
Justlearning1965 Posts: 81
edited July 2013 in MTB general
Was i bit bored yesterday. So took some wet and dry to the pedal arm.
Took 1 hour. I love the look of it. Drive side next.
What do you reckon guys.
All the best
Max
2mpwyae.jpg

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Life's too short.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • 1 more
    mwpn2x.jpg
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    cooldad wrote:
    Life's too short.

You wouldn't spend a couple of hours mirror polishing your valves then, lol?...

83779.jpg?max=640
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Looks nice - until it oxidises or gets muddy, tainted by the 1970's pedal somewhat!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    ^ this. Exactly this.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    They look quite nice in themselves, but don't really go with the rest of the bike.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Looks nice - until it oxidises
    +Potato
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Car polish will hold it off for a while, a friend has a raw frame and uses car polish and then just the occasional rub down with 4000grit.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    Car polish will hold it off for a while, a friend has a raw frame and uses car polish and then just the occasional rub down with 4000grit.
    Sounds like a nice low maintenance alternative to... no maintenance at all then.
    If you're polishing your bike, you're probably not using it for it's intended purpose :lol:
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sounds like a nice low maintenance alternative to... no maintenance at all then.
    If you're polishing your bike, you're probably not using it for it's intended purpose :lol:
    This would appear to be true as he's sanded all the knobs off his tyres at the same time.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • YeehaaMcgee
    You know what has plenty of knobs though? This forum.