Magellan PolarX TableTop 2008

RidingSeed
RidingSeed Posts: 33
edited July 2013 in Your mountain bikes
This is my baby. I have quite a long story to tell on this one. It all started back in 2008 when I tried to build a bike on my own, but I couldn't find enough money. I bought a few parts back then, but I was stuck with them and couldn't do anything. In December 2012 I got enough money to build it from scratch. I bought many second hand parts from a guy which tricked me real bad. They all broke down after a month or so. I finished it in March 2013 and I've been riding it happily since then. I personally find it attractive(no, not that way). Here's a picture.magellan_polar_x_table_top.jpg
What do you think? :D

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    RidingSeed wrote:
    What do you think? :D

I think you've posted in the wrong forum.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    That is a monstrosity! What is that horrendous piece of metal doing here? :P

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,845
    post some pix of gnarly inverts and skillz
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • declan1
    10305303-document-shredding-in-boston-area.jpg

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• Chain looks a bit loose.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    where are the other gears?
  • RidingSeed
    RidingSeed Posts: 33
    It's a 2008, it was never meant to compete with the ones in the present and I think we all know that. It's just that I'm emotionally attached to it and in some way, I see it like my future antique to keep in the back of my garage. I'll remember it as my firsts bike built from scratch, don't get me wrong. I'm probably a weirdo.
  • declan1
    RidingSeed wrote:
    It's a 2008, it was never meant to compete with the ones in the present and I think we all know that. It's just that I'm emotionally attached to it and in some way, I see it like my future antique to keep in the back of my garage. I'll remember it as my firsts bike built from scratch, don't get me wrong. I'm probably a weirdo.

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick.

right+wrong+stick+main.jpg

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

• samhedges
    samhedges Posts: 83
    I didn't know the drops came off, I might try that with mine!
  • dmclite-3.0
    dmclite-3.0 Posts: 845
    Isn't that one of those, chippy/kebab/shop/off licence bikes ? Or a leftover from Arnhem in 1944, Fuctifino what its doing in here... :wink:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Those brakes are the wrong way round.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009