Bollington Bikefest 15th September 2013

nohills123
nohills123 Posts: 7
edited September 2013 in Sportives/audaxes/training rides
Bollington Bikefest is returning on15th September! Same great routes and orgainisers with added support from Bollington and Macclesfield Lions. Should be a great ride around the Cheshire Plains and then for those who select it a trip round the best Peak District hills.

Comments

• 3Shires
    3Shires Posts: 27
    We're developing the post-ride side of things,a local brewery is brewing a commemorative ale 'The Grueller' for post-event refreshment. There'll be a BBQ and music, too, to make it a real bike festival for riders and supporters. We had 300 riders for the inaugural event last year and plenty of excellent feedback on the routes, signage, lavish feedstations. All proceeds go to local charities, we raised well over £3,000 last year.
  • Sweet. Last year, this was my first ever sportive, and my longest ever ride (previous was 25 miles!).
    Deffo up for the long one (75?) this year, but sadly this time I'll not have green wheels...
  • 3Shires
    3Shires Posts: 27
    Just to encourage you to do the longer route, we've put some video footage on the website of a section of the Grueller (section of Allgreave to Gradbach). btw the motorcyclist we overtook wasn't with us...and, yes, it's a Go Pro 3 we used.
    www.bollingtonbikefest.com
  • Just reviewed the video foootage. The route looks brilliant. I understand that Bollington Brewery are doing a special ale for the day and will be running a bar afterwards!
  • Last call for entries, we've 75 places left, we'll take 20 entries on the day, but any more will affect our catering.

The post-event activities look particularly good this year, with the BBQ, music, commemorative real ale and bar, free sports massage.

And all of your £20 entry fee goes to local charities given the kind support of local businesses who are pretty much paying for everything, your food, signage, feedstations, sports nutrition, event website....
  • weather is looking shocking
    Cube Peleton Race 2013
    Cube cross race cx 2016

I have a cycling problem work gets in the way!!!
  • Is there a chance this will be called off?
  • Thanks to all riders on Sunday, over 300 starters with only a few no-shows despite the very poor weather forecast. And the rain and wind held off until mid-afternoon, by which time most were home and dry, tucking into the local-produce BBQ and locally brewed real ale at event HQ!