On-One Scandal + rigid fork build (new pictures)

Giraffoto
Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
edited July 2013 in Your mountain bikes
[Comprehensively edited to include some better pictures]

After a year spent patiently waiting for the special offers and sales, stockpiling parts and making up the specification as I went along, I finally started building up the new bike last night.

pic_08.JPG

Anyway, the obligatory specifications . . .
Frame & fork
On-One Scandal 29er V2 (21”) and Tapered monococque carbon fork, Superstar T2 headset

Wheels & Tyres
Superstar Sentinel rims on Tesla hubs, Shimano Deore Q/R skewers. Continental tubes and On-One Smorgasbord tyres

Saddle and Handlebars
Charge Spoon (what else?), On-One seatpost, Answer riser bars (680mm), Easton EA50 stem and Superstar XL grips

Brakes
Shimano M596 Deore brakes, Disco Brake rotors 180f/160r

Drivetrain
Shimano M424 pedals, XT double chainset (38/26), XT shifters, XT front and XT Shadow+ rear mech, XT 11-32 cassette, KMC chain

Other bits
Specialized Wedge tool bag, bottle cage, pump, bell and rear light

More pictures to follow . . .
pic_02.JPG
pic_04.JPG
pic_07.JPG
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
XM-057 rigid 29er

Comments

• specialeyes
    specialeyes Posts: 542
    Look forward to seeing the results. I've been looking at the scandal frame for the last couple of days now, looks like a bargain. Be interested to see how the tyres work out too.
  • Giraffoto
    I've added a picture now (more to come soon). The tyres seem just fine, I'm very pleased with them, even more so at £15 a go!
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Giraffoto
    A couple more pictures . . .
    pic_09.JPG
    The fine coating of dust is the result of the first ride around Wendover Wood. The rim joint is almost invisible - Superstar says that these rims are glued, rather than welded together

pic_11.JPG
    Note the nest of hydraulic line - I'll almost certainly bottle out of fixing this myself and get the LBS to do it

pic_14.JPG

Fantastic to ride - compared with the Hardrock it's like having a motor assist on the hills!
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Weight? Looks rapid ;)
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Giraffoto
    Haven't weighed it but it feels about the same as my road bike (which isn''t light by road standards, but you get the idea. I'll have a go some time and post it here. And it feels fast too! :)

Edit: now I have weighed it and the answer is 26 lb, or 11.7 Kg. So not ultralight, about a kilogram more than the road bike but a kilogram and a bit less than the Hardrock. But it's mine and I think it's the best bike ever!
    XM-057 rigid 29er