Thursday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Good night last night, I went and visited the ex-minions house that she bought and moved into just before leaving me. It's a nice place, she's done well. She also made me lots of tea and even a pasta bake followed by cake. She was a good minon.

Today, nothing much. More crouching behind mixing desks testing every single knob (hehe) and fader on the console. Fun times.
Tonight, hopefully get out on the bike, and do some boring chores. More fun!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

This morning will see the arrival of the Virgin Media guy to install my fibreoptic broadband before popping to work for a while.

Off to see Despicable Me 2 tonight. I do not have children.

Later
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Decided on an impromptu trail ride last night, thought I'd be feeling it this morning. I am feeling happy though. Monies has appeared in my bank account but not sure where from.

blocked nose and hiccup will dictate the day today.

Oh and TKM, can I borrow your minion? she had me at pasta bake and cake
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    BOOM......flying to Tenerife in a bit, laters 8)
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin, meatwads

Friday eve - great ride in this morning socrching past a ghey-aids Roadie whilst riding a16yr old steel hardtail. Booyah! As penance I shall spend the day writing a huuuge instruction manual, whilst watching others do the real work.

Tonight shall feature chilli and DVDs as I have a mate popping around. Could be worse! Actually, better go shopping first so I have ingredients for said chilli etc!

Onwards! To caffiene! And documentation!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Welshkev - have a good one
    Clank - I don't remember you going past me :)

Good commute in after last nights walling of the wagon. Tonight I will be strong and not visit the pub I assure you (the current wife is going - so I've got to look after the rug-rats).

Today a new minion starts - I don't know if she can do the job that well, but she is easy on the eye - so all is good.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Have a good un Kev!

Not feeling the love for this morning but having a cheeky lie in to compensate!

All the minions i get involved with are usually male and the female ones aint too hot!! Can i borrow a fittie off you guys! Ability for her to do actual work is not required!

Onwards to low cost airlines to shoot destinations! via bacons ;-)
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Well, yesterday was a day full of shoot so today cannot be much worse. Everyone around me was running around like headless chickens and not really achieving much except to wee-wee me off.

New minion has turned down the job offer so I’m back to square one again. I now have two minions to recruit and I’ll have to go to through all the interview malarkey again.

It's raining this morning so I've wimped out again and brought the car into work.

I think today is going to involve lots of tea.

Later……
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Bike is finally built. It's mint. Still need to sort out shock pressures and baseline the settings on the suspension. Hoping to get out on it tonight, but somewhat hampered by the fact that my camelbak s in Cardiff and I am in Caerphilly. I have a spare and all my tools, but no tubes or pump and am very wary of sods law. ffffarrrkk

Basically killing time in work until then.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Hello Scuttlers, I have spent this morning dismantling a sofa that was left in the house and harvesting the foam for dog beds and the rather nice fabric to reupholster the dining chairs I bought recently.

that's about all I am doing today, I was going to sort the garden a bit but its peeing down, maybe if it knocks off i'll have a bash
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Gazlar wrote:
    harvesting the foam for dog beds...
    Have you got your Jack Russell yet?
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Evening bumders

Hectic day today. Lectures, drive back home, unpacking, then round to the cousin's to help her sort out her bikes as she's moving to Australia tomorrow. Still got some brakes to bleed for her but they can wait until morning.

Got my timetable for the next 2 years earlier. Uni dictate what my life will look like and I approve. Lots of time spent pretending to be a farm vet. More importantly my "research" (doss time) has lined up exactly as I'd hoped. Allows me to make the most of the uni's major social and drinking opportunities without having to worry about being in the hospital and having to be sober/responsible and all that boring crap the next morning. Win.

Pub this evening for a few drinks with the cousin, lucky I cashed in my debts earlier. Tomorrow will be fettling etc, then it's on with a summer holiday filled with placements and bikes.

TTFN
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    Evening Mongs,

Woke up and felt like I hadn't slep, spent most of the day in a daze. At least I Got given a smartphone for work to replace the crappy old crackberry that I had. Been fiddling with it to see what it can do, but best ask the sensible questions somewhere else :) Pedalling tomorrow...

Welshkev - enjoy Tenerife, good place to go before the schools break up.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Gazlar wrote:
    harvesting the foam for dog beds...
    Have you gowellr Jack Russell yet?

Yeah I've had him a couple of weeks now and amazingly still have a house left, he's really well behaved most of the time given he's only 8 weeks now
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp